Scary website

Old 03-25-2010, 07:59 AM

My laq found my address by doing an internet search for me. I was surprised she could do that, and so I checked myself. I am a licensed clinical social worker, and so I have a credential of LCSW. I found a listing for myself with my credential following the name (gotta be me), and it said I owned a restaurant! The name of the restaurant was "A Place to Eat." This is so funny because I love to cook and have talked about opening a restaurant named . . . get ready . . . "A Place to Eat." Is that weird or what? And just to be clear, I do NOT own a restaurant.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:06 AM

Maybe you posted about having a restaurant with that name somewhere and it picked up the information thinking that it actually existed.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:08 AM

Who knows? I have purchased kitchen stuff from a restaurant supply store, but I doubt I used that name.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
M is the roman numeral for 1,000. Not one million.

I guess there's no hiding for us. Now why can't they use this "technology" to catch all the bad people?
You are correct that the Roman Numeral M =1000. But current usage in real estate ads 1K = 1000, and 1M = 100,000,000.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by bstanbro
My laq found my address by doing an internet search for me. I was surprised she could do that, and so I checked myself. I am a licensed clinical social worker, and so I have a credential of LCSW. I found a listing for myself with my credential following the name (gotta be me), and it said I owned a restaurant! The name of the restaurant was "A Place to Eat." This is so funny because I love to cook and have talked about opening a restaurant named . . . get ready . . . "A Place to Eat." Is that weird or what? And just to be clear, I do NOT own a restaurant.
Maybe someone else has the same name as you and owns that restaurant. Have you googled your own name yourself, or the name of the restaurant?

There are a few other people with my name, and a couple of them are in professions similar enough to be confused with me.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM

What I find scary also is I log onto the Riverside, CA court system as my parents estate is in litigation since 1998 even though they both had a will stating everything was to go to my brother with Downes.

You can search by any persons name and find out any tickets, law suits, etc about that person.

Once when I was having problems with the web site, I called the court. I was told they had been hacked and criminal records had been removed.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Originally Posted by bstanbro
Maybe someone else has the same name as you and owns that restaurant. Have you googled your own name yourself, or the name of the restaurant?

There are a few other people with my name, and a couple of them are in professions similar enough to be confused with me.
My name is very unusual--enough that people call us asking if we are related. I think there may be 200 people in the country with my same last name. Furthermore, they put it with my credential following, and there definitely isn't more than one of those.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Interesting. Everyone I know lives in a $1,000,000 + house in a below average neighborhood. Much of the other stuff was fairly accurate. All the addresses were correct.
That was my thought exactly LOL
Hugs
April
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM

This is funny more than scary to me. My DH and I were not listed in eithr CT or AZ, and we've lived/owned property in CT for 38 yrs, AZ for 16. The governor of CT is a friend, and she lives in our town in CT - and she isn't listed either! Nor is her husband. I realize that's probably a security issue, but it's still funny.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:35 PM

I looked up my kids, and both were listed - with a lot of errors. DH and are listed at DD's house - DH listed as DD's husband - ewwwwwwwwww, and his age is 30 yrs younger than he is! But they got my age right.