Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Irish, I don't think they will let you scan here.
    Hmmm, scan with a downloadable pdf?

that would work because it is available information but not publicly posted?

I agree that a liquid only diet is too extreme. It can really aggravate health conditions, you MUST talk to your doctor before doing this.

I discussed with my doctor altering my calories and she would NOT agree to decrease them under 1200. She said there were too many issues medically that could trigger. Just passing on my doc's statement from Monday, so it is recent info.
    Three, well, balanced meals and two or three snacks a day along with exerices and plenty of water, is a good plan for weight loss. Even 1200 calories on a regular basis could be too low for some. There is a formula (I'll have to try and find it)to figure out how much you should be eating according to your weight for weight loss.

Been out for a while and need to read up on all the posts here. How has everyone been doing?

Ya'll have a wonderful, blessed day.
    Old 09-13-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    I have great news!!

Today I mailed 5 - repeat 5- skinny quarters to the losers from April to date. Be on the lookout for mail from Corinth MS.

Missy, yours is a little more because I have the perfect border fabric for your skinny quilt. I sent it on for you.

Irish- yes, I am one MEAN boss! Get to it, girl!
    Yes, our vet requires they stay a minimum 24 hours, and more like 36. I appreciate that. She will also stay there Friday night when I have to be gone overnight. I don't want to mess up her stitches and we don't have a crate at home. DH won't let me get a crate, either.

I don't think we'll miss the sunset, all the rooms face the lake and the exposure is all glass in each room. Headed there now!

I love Ruby Tuesday. If you join their website they email you coupons. 25% off coupons!

I had one but it expired on 9/10/11. Rats!
    Oh MJ!! You are so sweet!!! Give that hubby of yours a big hug!! Thank you sooo sooo much!!

Missy
    Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Geez, Missy, that's not what a PM I received last night from another board member said. (It wasn't from here.) Thank you. I hesitate to give what could be construed as medical advice on an open forum because I have absolutely no qualifications to do so, but it's hard to be quiet if there's something in my experience that could be helpful to another.

I'm changing my eating plan again. Low carb didn't do much, so I'm going back to my favorite - carbs in the AM and low carb in the PM. I will reread my book on that to refresh my memory. That eating plan doesn't feel like a 'diet' and is more satisfying to me. As soon as I'm done here, I am making some rice pudding. Rice for carbs, eggs for protein and a low amount of brown sugar, plus vanilla and spices.

Xylie, I don't mean to ignore you, but I can't endorse a liquid, no meat diet. Smoothies for breakfast and lunch with meat and veggies for dinner is doable, but not just juices and smoothies unless there is a medical reason. Dr Oz had an article in the August 1 Women's World that outlined that plan nicely. I could scan it in here - it's only two pages, if that's admissible under copyright laws. IMO, once it's published, it's fair game, but I could be wrong. My library carries WW, so back issues are there, but I do happen to have that one. I can post the recipes, but it'd be better to read it all. Any thoughts on the copyright of a consumer magazine??

Okay, rice pudding is going on and the dogs and I are going out. See ya.

Edit: You can get more Ruby Tuesday coupons online. I have a free burger w/ 2 non alcoholic drinks for me. I will have to put K's drink on my bill, then I have a 25% anything off for her to use. The first one is from my email, the second from the website.
    I think you are great Irish and I never think you are giving medical advice. You are being a great friend and a great support for me as I continue on this journey.

BIG HUGS!!

Missy
    Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 AM

Okay, so today is the big day. I take my nursing license exam in less than 2 hours. Years of work is coming down to this one moment. I have studied everything I can thing of but it is just to much to possibly cover everything.

In all my studying I have managed to actually go down in weight instead of the normal stress eating that I normally do.

"Just try to relax and take my time."
    Old 09-13-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by katvert
    Okay, so today is the big day. I take my nursing license exam in less than 2 hours. Years of work is coming down to this one moment. I have studied everything I can thing of but it is just to much to possibly cover everything.

In all my studying I have managed to actually go down in weight instead of the normal stress eating that I normally do.

I will be thinking about you today! How long until you get the results? Hang in there!!

Missy
    Old 09-13-2011, 11:57 AM

Best of luck form here. When DD took her exams, I remember the stress.Just think,you'll soon be capped & proud!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 PM

kayvert, You've given yourself the best advice to relax and take your time. You'll be fine as soon as the pencil or computer is in your hand. How exciting for you!
    Old 09-13-2011, 12:27 PM
    elm

Hope you did very well on your exam.

Old 09-13-2011, 01:17 PM

Well, the weight loss is slow, but getting there. At my doctor's appointment it was official - 21 pounds down since last March. So, now I have to reset my counter for another 6 month loss.

Another huge plus is that my A1C is down. The doc even lowered the med amount! :thumbup: So, even though the weight is coming off slowing, there is a positive.

Stephanie
    Old 09-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Well, the weight loss is slow, but getting there. At my doctor's appointment it was official - 21 pounds down since last March. So, now I have to reset my counter for another 6 month loss.

Another huge plus is that my A1C is down. The doc even lowered the med amount! :thumbup: So, even though the weight is coming off slowing, there is a positive.

Stephanie