Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-12-2011, 04:39 PM
mim

I had thousands of pix that I ttook on my backpacking travels -- I spent a solid week scanning them into the computer and then putting them on CDs. That way I knew that I would always have them. Moving was very traumatic in that way.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
I'm a happy camper ! Down 5 pds this wk....the wt scale should show 6 pds...but that's ok. As long as I know, that's what matters & I'll take 5pds.

My next big day will be when I hit underland, but still a ways to go.No exercise today & tomor,DH has appt at univ hosp. That will be enough walking for me.Hope everyone is having a health wk end.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
ok, if you never hear from me again it is because i have been admitted to a home for the ridiculous! i was squaring up a block i made that had extensive applique and beading, and my hand holding the rotary cutter slipped. pause for drama.no blood. i thought i would lose it, and all my hair from snatching it out! the block had a slash across it. omg!! naturally it dipped down below the 1/4 in seam allowance. no way could i redo it. i found the pellon heatbond and grafted a piece to the back and can only pray that the recipient doesn't hate it. as you've probably figured out, it's the christmas block. i wanted to cry. i won't really feel better until the girl who gets it says she can use it. the rest of the blocks are going to be simple ones. i just can't do that again so soon. sometimes i think i'm going backwards in my abilities, and not forwards. ahhhh, heavy sigh.
however, my weight seems to be going down. i had fruit pieces at the movies, maybe a cup or so of pop corn, and water. i am losing weight! i've lost all control! it is up to me!
Take a deep breath, walk away, watch the sunset. It isn't the end of the world and I just know your swap partner will still be able to use it.

I felt the same way you do. My very first block lost all its points, so I put it away. SO away, in fact, I lost it until the very last - I had put in in my shredder pile! I decided right then and there that I had over estimated my abilities and proceeded with easier blocks.

Eventually I found the first block, took it apart and redid everything. All points showing and adequate seam allowances.

I promise, it will be ok.

Hugs!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
today I am on my way to the doctor to discuss oxygen therapy. It is 100 miles each way so it takes all day. Plus I go see my mama and daddy, a short 1/2 day detour.

drink lots of water and stay on program! those are the rules until I get back! LOL!
Tyrant!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 PM

i hesitate to say anything, but tomorrow i plan to find one=derland! just saying! kudos to all making their goal so far. more than 1/2 of the month to go, so don't give up!! we can all do it together!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by BARES
I am glad everyone is working on their weight and healthier lifestyle. I know you are having success even if it doesn't seem like it. I keep telling myself that I didn't gain each pound all at once, it was one calorie at a time. So the weight will come off as I/we cut one calorie at a time. My problem? I can't get started. Here it is 12 days into the month and have had one day that was fairly successful. Right now it is all I can do to deal with things I can't control. I just don't seem to have anything left. I am staying aware and doing what I can. I doubt I have lost anything -- just hope I haven't gained.
Sometimes it takes me a while to mentally adjust to a plan. You've been thinking about it these past 12 days, don't give up. We'll have to send Irish to give you a push!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:48 PM

I want to find one-derland so badly...

I did lose 4 pounds since last week.

A long way from one-derland, but I'll get there.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:56 PM

Nancia, what a milestone for you. Keep up the momentum!!!!

Irish, I do not watch much daytime tv but I'd like to hear what you learn.

I finally looked at my fitness journal and decided that I will walk 200 miles by New Years Day. That will put me on the other side of Austin. I walked 45 miles in August - I'm gonna have to crank it up to match that this month. I am only counting miles I walk for exercise and not including my elliptical workouts. Yesterdays elliptical workout was my 2nd best ever.

I know I am having too many carbs as I am hungry all the time. Easier said than done, but I need to MAKE myself log my foods on Spark People the night before. I agree with the comment to keep no-no foods out of the house - PERIOD.

Still things I need to do before bedtime.

Nitey-nite friends.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:58 PM

water, mj! drink plenty of water!!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:10 PM

for those of you going to bed--sleep well. for the rest of you--i'm up all night! see you later!