Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So, how's everybody doing?..... >

So, how's everybody doing?.....

So, how's everybody doing?.....

Old 12-22-2010, 08:28 PM

Today I made 24 molded sugar cookies---hearts about 6 inches across. Plain with red, green and white sprinkles, nothing fancy. They are for the children's Christmas eve skit at church. Hey, I can sugar them up...they aren't going home with ME!
Old 12-23-2010, 10:21 PM

Tuesday I made a batch of Martha Washington chocolates and froze them. Today I chocolate dipped them. I hate to make this candy. I only make it for 2 of my daughters for special occasions. They know I hate to make it, so when they receive it they know that momma loves them, because I don't like to make it.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:31 AM

Well, I am doing quite well; just have to clean some today and set up the basement for the food. Have a batch of cookies chilling to be baked later. Made pizzelles yesterday. Just have to thaw shrimp, thaw the precooked sausage for browning in the morning. Tonight I will make my oven french toast and have it ready to bake in the morning. Also a potato/egg casserole, and a quiche to be baked tomorrow. Trying to do a more organized plan this year with less stress. Until my dear son-in-law called and asked me to keep his mother away from the house today. She lives with them and they are having something delivered. I'll have her help clean, she likes to do that. Well, have a very Merry Christmas everyone and enjoy your loved ones!!!!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Our family dinner is this evening. Daughter and granddaughter work on Christmas. We are having prime rib, baked potato, and asparagus. Dessert will be the choice of either pumpkin or raisin cream pie, both are family favorites. I am lazy this year, I bought frozen dough for rolls instead of making them from scratch. I figure that I am retired, so allowed to take a few shortcuts.After all, that is why God invented convenience foods.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:53 PM

Well its 7.30a.m. Christmas morning here. The start of a beautiful summer day in Aust. Both kids, with partners, will be here in an hour or so for breakfast and gift opening.

Lunch will be at my nieces house this year with 13 of us - we all contribute to the meal. We will have a traditional roast turkey and ham with roast vegies. Deserts will include pavlova, cheesecake as well as plum pudding with brandy custard. If it is hot enough the young ones will swim in the pool during the afternoon. We will laze the afternoon away with a drop or two of wine and lots of nibbles.

Late afternoon kids will head off to their partners families for dinner and we will head home to chill out for the evening.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!