Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Somebody and I don't know--my story--share yours! >

Somebody and I don't know--my story--share yours!

Somebody and I don't know--my story--share yours!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cjomomma
What horrible things to have happen. You know these things never happen when the freezer is empty. I would never refreeze meat until after cooking it.
As long as it's is still partially frozen one can refreeze. I will be using this meat asap though. Ended up with 16 quarts of beef, 12 pints of venison and beef, and 6 quarts of fine beef broth. Good thing I found the open door when I did.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:50 PM

oksewglad wrote: "Somebody" (one of the grands?), but "I don't know" didn't shut the upright freezer door in the basement utility room.

What a mess. I'm so sorry. We were out of town during an ice storm and the electric went off. Talked with the neighbors and they kept us posted as to when it was back. Four days later, when it was restored, we went home. I had a package of store bought frozen blueberries on the top shelf of the freezer. The bag apparently had a little hole in it. Not only was every thing in the freezer ruined, but it was a mess as well. Blueberry juice from the top to the bottom. The freezer got a much needed cleaning.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:57 PM

I have a 6th child that i have never met... his name is NotMe. apparantly he was abandonned by his parents on my doorstep 18 years ago, and some1 let him in to stay. He breaks things, he eats goodies no1 is supposed to touch, and is a very rotten child, that still has not matured into adulthood in the last 18 years.
I wouldnt mind so much if the parent would at least send me a support check occasionally to replace what he eats and destroys or given him a bit of home training before leaving him at my house :D
Old 06-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QBeth
"Gee, I don't remember putting screws in any of my pockets!"
You know those "toddlers" - particularly the male kind - love to put stuff in their pockets. I have one of those "collectors" too.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:00 PM

When we moved to this house, I decided the freezer should go out in the shop. My father the DH got it all set and loaded with the buffalo, beef, salmon, a few veggies and some berries. Checked the light--freezer was running, everything looked good. They shut the overhead light off in the shop and came into the house. A couple of days later my mom and I went out to the shop for something and I noticed a smell.

Apparently the IDIOT that built the shop wired the some of the outlet plugs to the lights. Turn off the lights and you turn off the plugs. Previous owner might have mentioned that when he sold us the house.

I had to check with him to find out what the heck he was thinking! He used the shop for mechanical work. He said fixed it that way so when he quit working he could turn off the lights and all of his tools were turned off too.

That freezer went to the dump. I now have a smaller one in my laundry room in the house where I can keep an eye on it.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:42 PM

When we were in Maryland I took a soft-sculpture doll making class. The practice head that I made never ended up with a body. So 'no body' became the scapegoat for all the no-no's the kids needed someone to blame...that is until somehow 'no body' ended up on the grate to the floor furnace (old style wide metal grid) in mid winter...
Old 06-30-2010, 04:02 PM

When DH and I were first married, 31 years ago, we bought a refrigerator from my cousin, who said, "it was working when we unplugged it." We filled it with meat and life was happy....the next day, we smelled a hot wirer and it wasn't cooling...it had died...we flew down to the J.C. Penneys and bought a new refridgerator that night...tied it on top of our Ford Pinto and got it upstairs. No we didn't lose any meat because we didn't open the freezer...but we weren't happy that the other fridge died.... cousin didn't even offer to give us our money back.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Power Poster

All's well--somebody has everything cleaned up --freezer looks bright and shiny--cupboard is full of ready to eat meat.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:23 AM
Gal

We can have total power outages during Winter due to snow falls, some times for several days, so we usually throw a heap of blankets over the freezer and do not open it! Some times we have to cook up meat which has thawed from the top but usually we get through these times without too much hassle! The last big snow, we had no power for four days, hubby bought a small generator so now at least we can keep fridge and freezer going ok!

Gal
PS Difficult to see hand piecing by candle light! Lol!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:06 AM

Lots of mishaps over the years! I hope your week (whats left of it) goes alot better!