Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Something scarey happened to me today.... >

Something scarey happened to me today....

Something scarey happened to me today....

Old 07-26-2012, 05:32 AM

I have the auto locks on my doors and I truely hated them to start with also... but now.. I will not own a vehicle without. My neice was on her way to be to work by 5 am. As she was pulling her car out of their garage.. a man jumped into her vehicle..forced her at knife point to drive to a remote area..and she was beat and raped. She was only 16. So she lives with this fear daily..she is like me...they lock..or she doesn't own.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:29 PM

I've never heard of not being able to unlock a door and we've had many vehicles with power locks in our over 50 years of driving. Our Charger locks when you start traveling and get to about 10 mph. It also has four lock buttons on the door that are manual. Our Santa Fe locked when you started the car but also could be unlocked manually, same for both of our Trail Blazers. What kind of vehicle are we discussing here?
Old 07-26-2012, 01:08 PM

I have a remote controls start on my car, which my son installed (he does this type of work for a living). When I turn off my car, I can get out, but none of my passengers. I have to manually unlock the car before they can get out. This is a safety feature I asked for. I don't want anyone getting into my car unless I ask them to get in. It can get annoying but "better to be safe than sorry."
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM

I have a '93 Cadillac. When you turn the key to start the car the doors lock. There is a little tab switch that goes up and down that you can unlock the door while the car is still running and when you turn off the key or put it in park while it is still running it automatically unlocks. But sence my car didn't start, There was just enough juice to lock the doors I guess. I could not unlock the door manually. But after I did get out of the car I checked each door. I could move the lock tab if I had something to give me leverage. It was very tight and hard to move. Got a new battery and solved the problem but still, I never ever thought about something like this happening.