Spelling

Old 12-14-2011, 03:30 PM

I say let them do the best that they can. I can always figure out what someone is saying and I enjoy all that is said. Love to all and keep on posting. I don't post but I sure do enjoy reading all that is on here.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM

We need to remember we have friends on this board from all over the world and they are writing OUR language. I don't care how you spell -------------just love learning so much on this board.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
Most likely it was use of abbreviations. However, I have discovered that sometimes my fingers don't spell as well as they should! Seems like one hand gets ahead of the other...
OR, maybe your computer is like mine and just doesn't spell right!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:17 PM

yes. Tolerance and patience are good things and I appreciate the reminders. We all come here for the same reason.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:21 PM

plus, I have FFS - Fat Finger Syndrome....
Old 12-14-2011, 04:28 PM

my grammer is good,but, my spelling sucks. alot of typo's
Old 12-14-2011, 04:29 PM

I try to keep my spelling correct. Having said that, sometimes my fingers just do whatever they want. I try to proof read everything that I post, since I don't want to offend anyone, sometimes what is typed isn't what I meant to say. The ladies
who live in another country deserve a lot of credit. It is very hard to type something when English isn't your first language.
Speaking English is not writing it, and we all know how difficult spelling is.
Sue
Old 12-14-2011, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

I try to remember that Engish is a second language to some here. I figure they write better English than I would in their language. I also don't think we are writing the next best selling novel, so what does it matter if we have to puzzle out a few things?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 PM

I use to be a good speller. A's all the time. Could even type fast, but now that I'm getting older my fingers don't work as well as they use to on the keyboard. LOL
Old 12-14-2011, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
How do you use the spell checker with this board? I often think of not posting because of my spelling and grammar issues. I have had to leave other sites because of hurtful things said about my grammar / punctuation. As someone mentioned above there may be several reasons why a person has difficulty. I know for some it may be a nails on a chalk board thing to see poor spelling and grammer but seriously I think for the most part people do the best they can.
There's a Spell Check button on the formatting menu bar with both Quick Reply (last button) and Advanced Reply (last button in top row). It seems, however, that you have to go to another website and download a free program. I went to look at it and was completely confused...and I've been computer friendly for 30 years. So it's not as easy as I originally thought. I incorrectly assumed it was part of the software here like it is on some other boards. I'm sorry.