Spittin nails

Old 12-08-2010, 08:24 AM

When I'm having a bad day, I just go take a nap! Works for me.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:42 AM

Take a deep breath, hold it, now let it out slowly. Now, eat a chocolate or two, get a fresh cup of coffee or glass of ice tea. Repeat the breathing several times as you are sitting down at your machine. Now sew!

If they can't come out of the rain just let them get wet. They're grown, it's their decision. Just set out towels and go about doing what you want to do.

My step daughter used to call almost daily with yet another big uproar in her life. Finally her dad said, "Most of your problems are because of the decisions you've made. Take some time to think before you dive into things and maybe some of them will go away. We're 8 hours away, there's nothing we can do so you need to keep all your dramas to yourself. If you choose to live in a circus don't call here complaining about the clowns or the elephant poop."
Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM

*HUGS* & Prayers to you ... focus on one thing that you can do and relax ... sounds like you need it ...
Old 12-08-2010, 08:58 AM

my dh passed away 10 yrs ago in jan. up until that time,xmas was THE focus of my year,from starting handmade gifts in jan,when we re-did our house,dh said we had to be the only people whoremodeled to accomadate xmas !i collected santas,have more than 300,so all window sills were over-size to hold them.EVERYTHING revolved around the holidays.now,i dread them.the kids are in 3 different states,so don't see them.
i have met a terrific man,am very happy ,but just can't bring myself to decorate & can't wait for it to be over,the kids don't "approve",but they aren't even here.
we will be spending the holidays w/my dh's sister's family,another thing no one approves of.
sorry to rant,but you all are the only friends i have to talk to.
dar
Old 12-08-2010, 08:59 AM

My step daughter used to call almost daily with yet another big uproar in her life. Finally her dad said, "Most of your problems are because of the decisions you've made. Take some time to think before you dive into things and maybe some of them will go away. We're 8 hours away, there's nothing we can do so you need to keep all your dramas to yourself. If you choose to live in a circus don't call here complaining about the clowns or the elephant poop."

I have two grandsons like that. I am going to use that statement on them the next time they call. They make the worst choices and then they expect everyone to pick up the pieces and make it all better.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

(((HUGS)))
Old 12-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Let them get wet.....
make yourself a cup of coffee or tea (or me, I like hot cocoa) grab your favorite quilt, curl up and relax... House does not need cleaning today....
I was thinking this exact same thing...
Old 12-08-2010, 09:35 AM

Just wanted to say you're not alone. My stepson is 22 and sometimes I think, he thinks like a 12 year old. Hugs.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:02 AM

You know, sometimes if you feel like going back to bed and just crying. That's what you should do.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Google Goddess

Hugs, a big Bear Hug from Craftybear

I hope you are having a better day!