Strange Weather in Oregon

Old 03-13-2012, 06:29 PM

The weather has been crazy for the last 3 or 4 years everywhere. Our tempts were 80 degrees here in Baltimore Md. I love the tempts and the hour later time but I feel there will be consiquences with HOT and DRY summer like last year.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:54 AM

I live south of Bend, Oregon (center of Oregon) --- where we're "known" to have LOTS of snow. My first winter here (2005-06) we had a steady 3 feet of snow all winter long. Right now, the Oregon coast has more snow than us!!!! we have maybe 1/2" on the ground and it'll melt off today. A local that's lived here for 27 yrs said this was the first Christmas they didn't have snow here in all the years he's lived here!!!!! ODD! I MISS the snow!!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Power Poster

We have had a very mild winter. Temps in the 70s and 80s, May temps in March. I am just hoping we don't have a really hot summer. I hate the heat and humidity.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
We have had a very mild winter. Temps in the 70s and 80s, May temps in March. I am just hoping we don't have a really hot summer. I hate the heat and humidity.
I was there one summer....from July 31 for a week. I don't blame you!!! NEVER had been in such heat and humidity in my life!!!!! Ate like a pig every day - 3 meals and sweated it off -- lost 3 lbs by the time I got home!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 PM

Yeah, we've already had some 60 degree days this winter. Usally we get it late April early May before that happens. While i'm loving the mild temps. It does concern me that this summer is going to be hotter than normal. I heard on something yeasterday they were saying New York is expecting temps. in the city to be about 30 degrees or more hotter than normal for New York. If I lived in that city I would be really concernd. My understanding is with all the concrete and glass it already gets really hot there. I feel for those back there. At least here we have more open spaces than back there, even in the city's. Not that we have many huge city's like NY.
It get's to hot here I'll just go visit Dee in Central OR. The heat isn't that uncomfortable because it is dryer, besides they got some pretty cold high mountain lakes in her area.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:32 PM

We had 70 weather yesterday and today needed a coat windy and about 30 tp 35. This is not normal in March for North Dakota. We had a small amount of snow this year compared to the last three. I thought I was going to have to move to town and I don't know what I would have lived in as we don't have any vacant apt or anything with the oil boom in our area. Too bad we can't get some of the money. they are not drilling in our area, but the people have moved into our towns because there is no place to live until housing and apt are built.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 AM

THAT'S OREGON WEATHER for you , nut guess that is why we are so green. I'm ready for some dry time and warm sunshine.
it's 50 and still raining in Hillsboro this AM
Old 03-15-2012, 08:23 AM

I live here in Idaho(so eastern)at 4500ft above sea level and the weather is also strange here. We are getting rain instead of snow but they are getting snow in the mountains. Never seen it this warm in March. I worry that all the fruit trees are going to start blooming then weather getting colder and ruining everything. Not complaining here.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:21 AM

It is toasty and warm 75 here in Tyler, TX, but our house in Oregon is a balmy 52. No rain. Though it has been raining the past few days and there is a chance for rain today, tomorrow and into the foreseeable future. Can hardly wait to move this summer!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:27 AM

The whole country is off, weather wise. Here in WNY, we usually have a ton of snow for the winter.
This year, we have had next to nothing. Today is 71 degrees. We don't usually see this until May, if
we are lucky. I firmly believe we are expieriencing climate change.