Strange Weather in Oregon

Old 03-15-2012, 05:17 PM

This weather in OR is HORRIBLE! However, I am so glad that I didn't plant flowers a couple weeks ago when we had those two 67 degree days! I will be going on vacation to FL in 3 weeks, and no doubt by then, it will be gorgeous here! LOL
Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 PM

To think that there are some who do not believe in the "global warming" theory. Obviously something is changing climates across this planet. How else do you explain things that have happened?
Old 03-20-2012, 06:55 AM

Today is the first day of Spring --- 3/20/2012 --- We woke up at 5:00 am to 6" of snow -- been snowing hard, it's now 8:00 and we have 8 1/2". Gotta love Oregon!!!!

callen --- I don't believe in "global warming", but I do believe in "climate change"....I believe our climate changes are cyclical.....and this kind of change has happened before and will happen again. When you realize they have found palm trees in the frigid waters of Alaska, you know our weather patterns were darn near the opposite of today's weather patterns. I say, just relax and hang on for the ride!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Today is the first day of Spring --- 3/20/2012 --- We woke up at 5:00 am to 6" of snow -- been snowing hard, it's now 8:00 and we have 8 1/2". Gotta love Oregon!!!!

callen --- I don't believe in "global warming", but I do believe in "climate change"....I believe our climate changes are cyclical.....and this kind of change has happened before and will happen again. When you realize they have found palm trees in the frigid waters of Alaska, you know our weather patterns were darn near the opposite of today's weather patterns. I say, just relax and hang on for the ride!!!
We got it today girl. Second day of spring and we are getting snow and lots of it on the valley floor. I agree with you on the weather cycles to. History has shown similar conditions to what we have now. Nothing I can do about it anyway.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:51 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I live in northeastern Oregon and just went to Lincoln City for a family vacation on March 15-18. Lots of trees down because of the weather. Just missed the snow but the rain was something else. Driving down the Gorge was horrible. When I had to pass 18 wheelers, I was slammed with sheets of rain from the huge puddles of water! We usually get lots of snow as I live in altitude over 3400 feet...but this year we have had hardly any snow. Nothing that stuck. I know western Oregon gets lots of rain, but we don't and I am not use to it. We had a hot tub at our beach house, but it was impossible to use because of all the rain. The rain slowed down the last day we were there. But we had a huge 3 story beach house so it was comfy cozy to stay inside. I took my sewing machine thinking I would sew some blocks...hah! Never got it off the floor. Too much visiting...which is what family vacations are all about.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 AM

jcrow; I'm sorry to hear the rain put a damper (pun intended) on your family vacation. I know if your not used to the amount of rain we get on our side of the mountains it can be daunting and depressing. I hate it but it keeps us green.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:42 PM

Jeanne -- i'm sorry your vacation was spoiled, too! The best time to go to the coast is late Sept/October.
Our snow melted, it rained all day here --- and the valley got snow!!! No, I don't believe in global warming -- but I DO believe the earth has tilted!!! ODD ODD weather!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Jeanne -- i'm sorry your vacation was spoiled, too! The best time to go to the coast is late Sept/October.
Our snow melted, it rained all day here --- and the valley got snow!!! No, I don't believe in global warming -- but I DO believe the earth has tilted!!! ODD ODD weather!!!!
Are you sure it isn't you who have tilted?
Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by valsma View Post
Are you sure it isn't you who have tilted?
If I have, it's because of the company I keep!!!!