Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sympathy for strom hit areas of USA

saf
    Have just heard the BBc news here in the UK. I understand that nearly 130 souls are lost to the storms with widespread damage. Sincerest sympathy. You are all in our prayers.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Yes it is devastating. Birmingham Alabama was hit with a major tornado last night. I'm praying you for them.

I am watching the news as I write this and over 173+ deaths so far with the death toll rising as the search continues for more survivors. They said that the 2011 total tornado outbreak could surpass the 1974 tornado record. Alabama was hit the hardest. Our area has been hit with record flooding but the waters will eventually subside. I am just overwhelmed at the damage. Jim Cantore just said it said this outbreak broke the 1974 record. 125 fatalities in Alabama alone.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Thank you for the kind words, our British friend :) It makes me feel so good that we are a forum filled with caring people like you :)

As I prayed this morning, it made me think of the petty things that concern us. Tragedy like this puts things in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Thank you for the kind words, our British friend :) It makes me feel so good that we are a forum filled with caring people like you :)
    I agree. I am glad that no matter where we are from,
    we can all come together and pray for one another.

Sending Prayers. This year, the weather has just gone nuts!

Blog Entries
    It is so so sad, I hope we hear from someone from that area where we could send a quilt. I sent one to Japan I need to send to the US. I work for the Lutheran World Relief and I know the town will get some from them.

Blog Entries
    Yes, the south, and especially Alabama, have been completely devastated. I have watched some of the videos and it's almost too unbearable to watch. I wish I were in a position to go down there and do something/ anything :( I would be happy to make some rag quilts, if anyone knows where/ who to send them too.

I know what our storms and floods were like in Australia, so everyone of you who is affected is in my prayers.
    Stay safe as possible.

Blog Entries
    It was unbelievable how large the width of the tornado. :shock: And that same storm roll into Georgia and hit a 8 miles from my home. We were up until 2 am. My prays are going up for the families that lost love ones, thier homes, and business.

This is such a horrible spring with all these storms...I'm praying for all the families.

It just seemed that the storms kept coming and coming last night. The ones in Alabama hit in North GA (I'm visiting my sister) around midnight. Several rotations were noted within 20 miles of here, but we are high up a mountain, and so far, I haven't seen any damage from winds or rain.

Prayers go out to all the ones in Alabama that were so severely hit. I just cannot imagine losing your family like this, plus possibly everything you owned at one time. My heart just aches for them....