Tax Refund!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by litacats View Post
I have a french door fridge with the freezer on the bottom it also has a sliding drawer in the freezer holds heaps of stuff. I just love it
ME TOO!!!!! Would buy another in a heartbeat!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 PM

I also have the rods and pins in my back, hip replacement, and soon to be new knee. I've had the Sleep Number Bed for two years now. Truly a blessing for someone trying to sleep through unbearable pain. If you decide to get one go through QVC on TV. They beat everyone's price and also offered free monthly payments if you use a credit card. From one Janome quilter to another....have fun shopping.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:25 PM

Default Tax Refund

After 20+ years my side by side refrigerator wore out and I was determined not to get another - the freezer part was not big enough for pizzas, etc. I purchased the french door refrigerator with the separate bottom freezer. I LOVE it. You have more room for larger items and the refrigerator has the luxury of two doors to place bottles, etc. Also, there is a large drawer for wide items. I also did not go for the ice and water dispenser on the front of the doors - everyone that I know that has one is not happy with them - they wear out very quickly. So, the ice bin is in the bottom freezer with a huge pan. Great for big parties, etc. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:55 PM

Hubby and I both have major inoperable back problems. We would never be able to walk in the morning if we slept on something other than our sleep # bed. Easy to move the king size, in the back seat of our car. Ours is 15 years old and still like brand new. As far as freezers go, the electric cost on bottom freezers is less than half of a top or side freezer. Remember, cold air falls! Hot air rises. When you open a side or top freezer, the cold air falls to the floor. In a bottom, it stays where it belongs. Electric cost are rising. Not a sermon, just a thought!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:46 PM

I use to sell appliances a few years back. You are in the refer 75% of the time and the freezer 25%. It is easier on your back and you can keep the freezer really neat because you can stack items. My only caveat is the possibility of mold on the seal in warmer weather. Not a big problem. It could or couldn't happen. We open our freezer often for ice. Even knowing that, I would still buy another bottom mount refer. Stay away from Frigidaire---it is JUNK.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:49 AM

I bought a refrigerator with the bottom freezer,because #1 my hubby is 6'3 and hates to bend over to see what is in the frig.We rarley open the freezer, so it's soo convenient to have everything we use topside.Top this helps
Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 AM

I love my bottom freezer/ refrigerator. My boys got it for me two years ago, and I still love it.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:19 AM

I've had side by sides and now I have the top freezer because I didn't want to spend the money for the bottom freezer and I've kicked myself for that alot over the years. Next one will be freezer in the bottom.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:47 AM

Thanks Y'all for all the advice, suggestions and opinions. I knew I came to the right place to ask. My DH is leaning toward a version of the sleep number bed and me the bottom freezer. I do prefer to buy local and non name brand if possible. Why should I pay for all those 100's of tv commercials! lol Now as for the tax refund.... There for awhile, DH didn't pay hardly any taxes out of his check and we had to pay a couple of years, not much but still.... then he was laid off and collected unemployment for a year so I wasn't sure how that would affect tax time. I'd rather pay more in and get back some. Then two years for surgeries and now he is on disablilty I still was unsure how that would affect us at tax time. Now I kinda know... I can change my tax rate at work and not worry about paying come next April.
I'll let y'all know what we end up with when we go shopping.
Thanks again!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:02 PM

I have had side by side refrigs, top freezers, and bottom freezers... I loved my sided by side, IF I have room for a nice large one.. other wise the freezer tends to be to narrow..... over all I LOVE my bottom freezer..

As for the mattress, my hubby has several back issues, includeing blown discs, stenoisis of the spinal colum , several nerve conditions, and a major problem with pressure areas. I too have back issues. We have a termperpedic.... it took a bit to get used to .. but we love it.. Hubby especially sleeps so much better on it. I have prev owned a sleep number, it slept well, however, mine was older and the newer ones might be better.. my objection to these were the " blower" was noisy. I didnt like the idea of having that running all the time. I've had electrical fires before from leaving things plugged in and running.... but I did sleep well on it ( this was before hubbys time with me... so he never slept on it)

If ur refrig is still functioning, I'd opt for the mattress...... u will feel so much better if u get a good nights rest...