teenagers

Old 05-01-2009, 09:28 AM

We had a great time with our kids as teenagers. They were great kids,stayed out of trouble, talked to us, actually liked to hang around with us. The only real problem we had was our son who gave up on school, almost didn't graduate, but he was still the sweetest guy, actually even talked to us about his day and what was going on at school. I really miss my kids and all the great times we had. My son, who is the youngest, turned 20 in December. I had 14 years of teenagers. I wish I could have at least one of them back in the house!!!!
I am glad that DD#3 will be home for the summer after she graduates from college. She will return to school in the fall to finish up her Master's and teaching Credential and then she hopes to return to our area. I sure hope so.
I do however know many many people who did not have a great experience with their Teenagers. I guess we were very lucky!!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

I enjoyed my teenagers. They may have turned my hair gray, but it was always interesting. As they became adults we became more like friends. I love it. Now that my DGD lives with me they cycle starts again. Can't wait. Of course I have always loved roller coaster rides. That's what having a teen is like. Tee Hee :D :D :D :D
Old 05-01-2009, 07:32 PM

My oldest son and I were so close -- until he turned 16 or 17. :evil: I think at one point I might've drowned him if I'd ever had a chance... :lol:

But I agree with you, bearisgrey -- I think it's nature's way of getting us to let them go. No sooner did he go off to college than he became his old wonderful self again, but by then he was gone... :cry: Same thing happened with his younger brother.

They're both in their 30s now and I count myself so lucky to know them. I think of them as friends as well as sons.... Smart, hard-working, clever, funny, caring people. My younger son is the most patient and loving father/husband you could wish for.

They're definitely the best things I've done in my life! :P

Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 PM

My youngest is 18 and my oldest is 22. I have loved every second of their teenage years. I wouldn't trade a second of it for any amount of money.
Judy
Old 05-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Power Poster

I was a horrible teenager and it prompted me not to have children. A former boss of mine lamented the fact that it was not possible with all the scientific advances to freeze-dry teenagers and thaw them out when they turn back to human.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:00 PM

My eldest son will be the last one of my 4 to graduate from college, in a few weeks. It just took him a while to find his way. But, he already has a job lined up, so I almost have them all off the runway!

It is so interesting now when we have family get-togethers. My children really enjoy each other's company now, but when they were teens they fought like cats and dogs.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:14 AM

[quote=Quiltin'Lady]My oldest son and I were so close -- until he turned 16 or 17. :evil: I think at one point I might've drowned him if I'd ever had a chance... :lol:

Ah-ha! I have considered starvation, suffocation by dirty laundry piles, infection by dirty urine covered toilet seat, accidental loss of limb because I couldn't find the darn thing, vehicular accident due to lack of gas when you borrowed the car, but drowning....Yes, drowning it is .....in the tub I told you to please clean 3 months ago that is now harboring pink nasties!!

Please send me your address and I will gladly mail up to 2 teens. No need to reimburse me for shipping. The pleasure is all mine :wink: ..
Old 05-02-2009, 03:23 AM

I worried about my daughters- thinking they would be horrible. The teen years flew by, it wasn't until younger daughter was away at college that I realized I had survived the teen years! I have a great relationship with them- we talk daily about anything. Love them to pieces.

Now my sons- wow- what happened? The youngest was put on the earth to test my patience and at 19, still does. Don't get me wrong, he's a good kid, but no motivation. I keep waiting for something to peak his interest. Someday.... Other son is on the eight year plan for college. Right now on year 5. I'm a firm believer that kids need time to discover themselves, but I would love to put a dollar value on the wasted classes. He has settled down, dean's List now and working full time too. He's a great guy and has goals.

Over all- I'm pleased with them. They are all real nice kids to be around. I love talking to them and being a part of their lives without being overbearing.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:37 AM

You do know the reason why teens seem to sleep so much? They need that rest after spewing all those "emotions" at everyone they come across and thinking their smarter than their parents eventually gives them extreme fatigue.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:06 AM

I was way lucky to have two girls and the teenage years were smooth. I am still close to both of them and now my youngest has move to land in front of me and it is a blessing to look at my front door and have a view of her and her daughter living thier day to day life. I am just truly blessed to have her in my life she was almost taken from me at 21 (cancer). Now the Grand kids of this new generation I would probably strip thier skin off if I had to live with them and raise them. BOY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: