Thanksgiving

Old 11-22-2020, 05:49 AM

Will have one set of kids over for Thanksgiving breakfast. They other child has just finished a round of Covid through his family.
We all want to be together but too risky.
Save our health and hopefully in the Spring we can all be together again!!!!
Old 11-22-2020, 05:49 PM

It's always just my husband and I at the holidays. We have a nice dinner and normal years we go to Autorama. I enjoy the quiet holidays and never consider it just staying home, doing nothing.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:06 PM

wow--I am SO ready for 2020 to be over! Knew we weren't going to see son and family for Thanksgiving as they'd have to stay with us--can't work. Then oldest g-son is quarantined in his room after positive CoVid test until Thanksgiving Day and today our daughter called to say that her father-in-law passed unexpectedly overnight after respiratory infection for about 2 weeks but no dr. visit. His wife got him to ER and lungs full. No word yet whether CoVid or plain pneumonia. just been a long 10 months. 2020 will definitely be one of those years that we date other stuff by. Stay safe, folks!

Old 11-24-2020, 03:40 AM

I have not prepared Thanksgiving dinner for years because I have been at the home of one family member or another. This year I am doing the works for me, just me. I yearn for the scent of turkey, pumpkin pie and homemade bread wafting from my own kitchen. After cooking and feasting, I will be snuggling up with a very large collection of Christmas movies. If I want, I may turn and hand stitch the binding to three Christmas gifts, or not.

It is also my daughter's birthday but will not be celebrating together. Gifts tomorrow and certainly a phone call for birthday wishes on THE day.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I have not prepared Thanksgiving dinner for years because I have been at the home of one family member or another. This year I am doing the works for me, just me. I yearn for the scent of turkey, pumpkin pie and homemade bread wafting from my own kitchen. After cooking and feasting, I will be snuggling up with a very large collection of Christmas movies. If I want, I may turn and hand stitch the binding to three Christmas gifts, or not.

It is also my daughter's birthday but will not be celebrating together. Gifts tomorrow and certainly a phone call for birthday wishes on THE day.
Good for you for doing a special meal just for yourself! I love special "me" time.