Thinning hair

Old 08-25-2010, 08:34 AM

Isn't it interesting that women are "expected" to have thick, luscious, flowing locks forever, but a man can lose his hair, or even shave his head bald, and no one bats an eye. SOOOOO unfair. :(

Luscious, flowing locks hugs to all of you battling with thinning hair.

Patti
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM

I am so blessed that so many responded...sometimes you think you are the only one. I can relate to so many of the stories....it seems that it similar and different for everyone. God bless you all in attempting to accept and deal with this problem. Oh, and my DH still tells me he thinks I am beautiful. You gotta love the guy.
Old 08-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Dee

When you get older than dirt like me, your hair starts to deposit itself on the pillow and hair brush. I always had thick hair but after taking care of my mom with alzheimers and DH with a stroke, well mine became very thin. I take fish oil and vit.D3. This seems to help. Hope you feel better. Health is so important.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:21 AM

My doctor said a sign of thyroid problems is thinning hair.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:06 AM

Does anyone have a link for a freebie doo rag pattern. Sometimes also known as just head scarf. I have been asked to make a doz. for a support group. Lady's friends want to wear them to show support for her while she goes through chemo. I do not have a serger and they have chosen a large print/panel fabric. They do not want a chemo turban. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by fmd36
Does anyone have a link for a freebie doo rag pattern. Sometimes also known as just head scarf. I have been asked to make a doz. for a support group. Lady's friends want to wear them to show support for her while she goes through chemo. I do not have a serger and they have chosen a large print/panel fabric. They do not want a chemo turban. Any help would be appreciated.
Here is a website with a free pattern:

http://fosteringlove.tripod.com/id12.html
Old 08-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Thank you for the link...I think this might just do it (no pun intended)...again thanks.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:07 PM

I did those very same things and my hair is beautiful, if I must say so myself. It got back it's natural curl and is a dream to work with. GOOD LUCK
Old 08-28-2010, 10:52 PM

I have always had baby fine thin hair, and developed a thyroid problem when I was 37yrs old. That was a sad day. Still have thin, fine hair, but at least I still have it. LOL
Old 08-29-2010, 01:19 AM

Mine was coming out in handfuls and scared me. I asked the doc and she said it was prob my thyroid, since ive been on meds for years but always fluxuating. She said if we didnt get it right try Rogaine yup i was suprised she said it really works. Instead i cut off like 8 inches and to my suprise no more hair loss, Just that quick i have no idea why. So i got a cute new dew!!