to those with kids

Old 09-01-2013, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom
IMHO, as soon as they can talk intelligently. I think it's up to the parents to start at an early age teaching them to say thank you, even if its over the phone. I thought I taught my boys that, but after the oldest, now 43, left home he stopped. Even now, if I send something to his family, none of them acknowledges it and my DIL is a pre-K teacher. So, sadly I stopped sending anything.
This could be me! I haven't stopped sending, but am getting close. ANd they never remember us on our birthdays at holidays, but her family is well remembered. I wouldn't mind so much, but she tells me what they bought for her family. Weird how things turn out sometimes.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:07 AM

This article brings a funny to mind. My children always said pees and tank at an early age. Sometimes the words thank you got switched to tank me. Trying to teach new words were fun and sometimes to funny. My son's little friend ( a girl ) couldn't say truck. One day we were watching a parade go by and she was so excited she pointed and hollered out *uck. She kept pointing and saying it and people close by were laughing at her attempt. Her mother turned a beat red and tried to calm her down. My children are all grown now but still remember to say pees, tank and sorry as well the grandchildren.