Tired of parenthood.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

Originally Posted by QuiltMania
The low pants trend started in the prisons and means (to use a euphamism) "I'm available".
I like that and i will try it on my two...17 and 19 years old...hehehehe..i hope their pants get pulled up quickly too!! and stay up!!!
Old 06-11-2009, 04:14 AM

My youngnest son had the baggy pants (don't think he knew what they were about) but he also had the chains that drug them down too! :-) .. He got out of high school went to Ohio and came in one weekend with Dread Locks too! I was so upset but didn't say too much about it. He went to the Army about 6 months later and they took care of all that!! :roll: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:
Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

My DD came home from her great grandmother's house one day and said Mom Grandy said I was stupid. I told her well if you do stupid things you get called stupid. I found out later Grandy told her not to be stupid like she was by running off and getting married at a young age.

Bearisgrey never said she called her kids stupid she asked how can they be so stupid. Believe me my kids have done some stupid things and they know without asking I think they were stupid for doing them.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Power Poster

the two that currently have me upset are relatively intelligent - in some areas of their lives, anyway

it just breaks my heart when they ACT less well than I think should -(i know 18 year olds think they know so much more than they do and i try to make allowances for her - but --)

i have better things to do than stay awake at night worrying about them
Old 06-11-2009, 11:54 AM

I have 2 wonderful kids, DD age 20 and DS age 17. DD is a dream, she never caused a problem, a perfect child.. Now DS--oh my, DH and I had days we looked at each other and said..why did we have kids ?..lol
Now we have never called either of our kids stupid. But when I am sitting in the ER with my son for a 3rd time last summer and we are waiting to see the doctor to get the small stick that is impaled in his side due to him and his friends skateboarding down a hill fast and and jumping off the board into bushes (its called Bushwacking-BTW)-First 2 times were the broken foot from field hockey barefoot and the second was 16 stitches to the eye for wooden sword fighting. I did have to look at my son and say- what! did stupid come knocking on your door and you decided to answer! Will you please actually think before you do this stuff!

I didn't actually call him stupid. I was calling him out on the stupid things he was doing.and we wont even begin to go into the snowboarding behind a car while being pulled with a rope down the street in winter..

I love him. But the boy can try my patients.. And DH and I do make sure we never ever says; what cant you be like your sister" DH says boys do stupid things.. Its a given.

Hang in there- we all get past this.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:13 AM

DD was the perfect child UNTIL. 06/06/06 She graduated from HS. Seems to have lost her mind completely. I have said over and over when people ask how she is doing. "she is paying me back for all those years of being perfect." She knows she is not perfect. I just tease her. I don't put that kind of pressure on her.