Too pooped to party

Old 12-23-2010, 10:23 PM

What I don't understand is why Momma has to be happy all of the time so that everyone else can be happy. When my sons were younger and living at home, they and my DH would tell me that "if Momma ain't happy " saying to get me in a better mood if I had an off day once in a while. I hated it. Why was it always my responsibility to keep everyone else happy. It happened seldom but sometimes, I needed to be allowed to be grumpy or tired or whatever without it messing up everyone else's day. Couldn't they just have ignored my off days? I did theirs' and left them alone to work it out after making sure they didn't have a serious problem. My husband is much better about it now once I tell him it is just one of "those days" and I am not upset with him.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:09 PM

YOU are in charge of your own attitude. You choose to face each day with an attitude that can be either good or rotten. No one can "make" you frustrated, unhappy, cheerful, hurried, etc. Just live each moment like it's your last. Enjoy your family. Ignore a few cob-webs. At the end of a life, I don't think there is a single person who says "I wish I would have spent less time with my family". Pick and choose your battles. Take time for things that really matter.

I have had times in my life when I thought stress would eat me alive. I've been discouraged, depressed, busy, etc. Then not long ago I realized I was in control. I can honestly say I'm a new person because of being happy when what I have and making each day great.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

Hugs! I am 42, and my youngest will be 18 in August, I miss having little ones around sometimes.
Try to get some rest, and do something for yourself, it really will make you feel better!
Old 12-24-2010, 05:23 AM

I had just got off from work that WAS supposed to be my day off. Too nice and covered for others. My problem is the obsessiveness. When I was younger, I used to read alot, but had a hard time putting the book down until it was finished. I appreciate the support. Thank you!