Twilight Saga

Old 11-18-2009, 04:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
Has anyone read the partial book that is on Stephenie's webpage? It is Twilight from Edward's perspective. I've read part of it and it is kind of neat to read it from a different view.
Yeah, I did and sure was upset that is was stolen. I hope in the near future she finishes it
Old 11-18-2009, 09:23 AM

Rose Hall, You can't imagine what different quilts the gals in my Story Weavers group has come up with even though we all read the same books.
It's a lot of work trying to select something in a book to inspire you and also a lot of work coming up with an idea or desgin but in the end everyone has been pleased that they extended themselves and their quilting skills. May in Jersey
Old 11-18-2009, 11:19 AM

I read the first one expecting to dislike it, but I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. I got hooked a few pages into Chapter 1 and obsessively read the rest. The partial book on Meyer's website, the one told from Edward's point of view, is the absolute best, IMO.

I wasn't wild about the Twilight movie. The actors were not even close to how I visualized the characters. Not that that will stop me from seeing New Moon.

I understand the books aren't for everyone. What I don't get is why people say Bella is a wimpy female depending on a man. One of her major traits is how independent and self-sufficient she is! Sure, she's rescued by Edward at times, but she usually has been handling her problems herself before he gets there. It's not like she waits around for him to rescue her. And it isn't his guyness that saves her, it's his super-powers as a vampire.

Three Cups of Tea was a fascinating book and good work being done.

Anyway, if any of you see the movie Thursday night, Friday or this weekend, please post back saying what you thought of it.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:16 PM

I thought you all would get a kick out of a sign on a motel just as you are heading into Forks from the south. I took a picture of it to send to my best friend who also got hooked on the books. Bev, have you seen the sign heading out to La Push, "Treaty Line - No Vampires Beyond this Point"? It's fun to drive through the town and seeing how the town is getting involved in its notariety. Oh and the room that was available at the Dew Drop Inn (the Vacancy sign) was "The Bella Suite". :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-955.jpe  
Old 11-18-2009, 02:22 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVED them. couldn't get enough. Had Edward withdrawal after I finished reading them. Loaned them to a friend, she loved them also, we're going to see New Moon on Friday when it comes out. My friend said that it shouldn't have been targeted for teens though because they'll all have a false perspective of men. tee hee This is probably the only book (series), I will read twice. The second book seemed kinda slow, but things really picked up again. I'm definately an Edward fan...
Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dancing Needle
I thought you all would get a kick out of a sign on a motel just as you are heading into Forks from the south. I took a picture of it to send to my best friend who also got hooked on the books. Bev, have you seen the sign heading out to La Push, "Treaty Line - No Vampires Beyond this Point"? It's fun to drive through the town and seeing how the town is getting involved in its notariety. Oh and the room that was available at the Dew Drop Inn (the Vacancy sign) was "The Bella Suite". :)
yeah, i got a big kick out of the pic a friend out there sent me. Do you live in the area? I'm in Port Angeles
Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
Originally Posted by Dancing Needle
yeah, i got a big kick out of the pic a friend out there sent me. Do you live in the area? I'm in Port Angeles
I'm down in Olympia, but do love Port Angeles.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:32 AM
Banned

Ahhhhh ok. I haven't been to Olympia in ions. Whenm I was in High School. We went on a field trip to the capital. If I remember right, its a VERY nice place
Old 11-19-2009, 03:55 PM

I'm an Edward fan. I told my husband if he would say the things to me that Edward says to Bella, I would make him the happiest man on earth....lol. He just looked at me like.....Who's Edward?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

I read the first book because my granddaughter asked me to. By chapter two I was bored with it. It is written on the level of the 13-15 year old girl. I think watching the movies will be good enough.