Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
UGH how many more will I have to buy? >

UGH how many more will I have to buy?

UGH how many more will I have to buy?

Old 10-29-2009, 10:09 PM

hi we have had cats that loved the rubber ear plugs. rubberbands and we still have a 18 years cat that will lick the plastic bags for hours. When they were little we just let them have thier own ear plugs they outgrew it.As for the baby just don't leave kitty in the room alone with it instead use a baby monitor when he or she sleeps. you can monitor the baby no matter what room you are in and is safe. Soon both will outgrow the problem. We were told they like that kind of thing because they use lard when they are making the poduct yum yum to kitties.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

The only thing the kitten could do that would harm the baby other then scratch is licking the baby on the mouth could give the baby worms if the kitten had any. I would make sure the kitten is not in the room with the baby. It's not the kitten's fault, he's a baby too.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:45 AM

I just saw this thread and am also wondering how you resolved the problem. Poor kitty, poor baby, poor mom! I wouldn't like the kitty getting so close to the baby either, but I also hate to see you get rid of it. But poor baby, having all his pacifiers chewed up. Wait, I just reread what you wrote. It's not a kitten, is it; is it an adult cat that you rescued? Hmmm...I don't know. Maybe if it's an adult cat it should be in a home without a baby. Especially since your little Liam really can't do without his binkies. Please let us know what happened.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

teach the baby to suck his thumb or fingers
Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 PM

I have never had a cat that stole pacificers ~ but how old is the baby? Is it dangerous to have the cut sleeping with/near him? I was reading this thinking the kitten might be jealous of the care the baby gets? I agree with everyone else that has said if the baby's saftey is at risk you might want to find a new home for the cat.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:45 PM

You could try some bitter apple put it on some nipples and binky that baby doesn't use and see if that helps. Check for used nipples at thrift shops for kitty
Old 08-04-2010, 05:07 PM

When I got a nightguard from my dentist, I was warned that cats love to chew on them and ruin them. They love the saliva or whatever on them. (Yes, I wash mine every day). But apparently, it's happened before with those. I imagine it's the same with a pacifier.
Sorry it's happening, don't know what to suggest.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

It's been eight months since the original post - wonder how it's turned out?
Old 08-04-2010, 05:15 PM

Call Cesar Milan.....maybe he can do kitten critters too?
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
have you asked a vet for advice?

this is a stab in the dark ... a truly wild guess ... maybe the kitten was weaned too soon and is pursuing some instinctive need to suckle.
Sounds more like it's the milk taste he's after. You only mention pacifiers and nipples, things that would taste like milk. Even the pacifiers would have traces of milk from the baby's mouth. It's possible that he was weaned too soon.

I personally would not want to take the kitty back, but would try to keep him away from the baby and his bottles & pacies.