Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Unbelievable customer service >

Unbelievable customer service

Unbelievable customer service

Old 01-15-2014, 02:15 PM

Default Unbelievable customer service

In November 2011, I purchased an extension table for my sewing machine from Eastex Sewing Machines during the Houston Quilt Show. The company mailed it to me just as I was packing to move cross country and I decided not to open the box since I was packing my sewing room (a gargantuan task.) Forward to November 2013 because move and renovation of room that is my sewing room took way longer than anticipated (sigh.) Opened the box and it was the wrong extension table. Took the chance that the company phone number was the same and gave them a call. Not only was it the same number, the woman who answered the telephone was the woman who sold me my table! I told her what my situation was and she said "no problem, I can take care of that for you." I sent her the extension table that had been sitting in various places from Texas to Oregon for 2 years, and she sent me the correct one for my machine. Unbelievable!
I will be going to the Houston Quilt Show again this year and for sure I will stop at their booth because they proved to me that there is still great customer service to be had.
Has anyone else gotten great customer service? Can you share your story?
Old 01-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

I agree that was above and beyond. Good for you they replaced it.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:01 AM

My customer service story is not about quilting. Last summer, I had my Kindle charger plugged in (Kindle not attached). Noticed an odd smell and the wall around the outlet was hot to the touch. Kindle plug was melted around the prongs. We assumed the Kindle charger had caused the problem and almost started a fire.
i called Amazon and they were very nice and very concerned that their product could have caused it. They overnighted me a new charger! I sent them pics and they had me send them the melted charger, they paid the postage. They even called me a couple of times to update me on what they had found (melted charger was still working to their surprise!) and added $30 to my account to cover cost of electrical repairs to the box in the wall.
Turns out, it was a loose wire in our wall that caused the whole problem! I contacted them to pay them for the new charger they had sent and give back their $30 and they said no! They wanted me to keep the charger and the $30 even though it wasn't their fault at all! They said they liked happy customers! Kudos to Amazon!
Old 01-16-2014, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by lovelyl View Post
My customer service story is not about quilting. Last summer, I had my Kindle charger plugged in (Kindle not attached). Noticed an odd smell and the wall around the outlet was hot to the touch. Kindle plug was melted around the prongs. We assumed the Kindle charger had caused the problem and almost started a fire.
i called Amazon and they were very nice and very concerned that their product could have caused it. They overnighted me a new charger! I sent them pics and they had me send them the melted charger, they paid the postage. They even called me a couple of times to update me on what they had found (melted charger was still working to their surprise!) and added $30 to my account to cover cost of electrical repairs to the box in the wall.
Turns out, it was a loose wire in our wall that caused the whole problem! I contacted them to pay them for the new charger they had sent and give back their $30 and they said no! They wanted me to keep the charger and the $30 even though it wasn't their fault at all! They said they liked happy customers! Kudos to Amazon!
Wow, now that's customer service !! I too, have had great customer service from Amazon concerning a book from a seller that never did arrive & the dealer kept giving me the "run around" & when I contacted Amazon they immediately took care of the problem.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:41 AM

I bought a Kindle from Amazon and it would not charge. Called and they said ship it back and they would send a new one. I got the new one before I got the old one mailed. That's customer service.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:17 AM

I purchased the long Slide-Lock Ruler several years ago at the Tri-Cities Quilt Show. I love that ruler because it absolutely does not slide. At the time, I had a broken foot. As I was going down the stairs to my sewing room in the basement, my Slide-Lock went sailing out of my hands and broke. I sent a picture of the broken ruler to the company and an explanation of how it happened. They sent an email stating that they could send me a ruler that had been used as a demo for $10, no postage charge, no tax. I was SO thankful! I hope that they will be at our upcoming quilt show this year so that I can stop by their booth and thank them in person.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:42 AM

Just I few months ago I placed an order with Connecting Threads for several pieces of fabric. When I received my fabric the next week there were two pieces of the same fabric, but I was short one piece that had been ordered. I called Connecting Threads explained the situation and they immediately sent me the piece that I had not received and they covered the postage. I offered to send the duplicate piece to them but they told me to keep it. Since then I have placed two additional orders with them and had gotten great customer service.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:08 AM

Kudos to Amazon is right....I purchase one of those potato/vegetable peelers (electric) They are fantastic...wouldn't you know the one I purchased for my 91 year old Mom for Christmas wouldn't work. I sent Amazon a note, they said they would overnight one to my Mom and don't bother sending back the other one.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:44 AM

Here's another kudos (not quilting related). The week before Christmas my son and family came to visit. My 1 yr old granddaughter has pieced ears but was wearing adult cheap earrings. I asked why and they said she'd lost 1 of her baby ones. I went to CLAIRES at the mall and bought a $50 pr of gold piercing earrings for her. The kind with the back that is harder than h.e.double toothpicks to pull off. Within 3 days she'd lost 1 and lost the other one twice (lost it found it lost it again). I called the store and the manager said to just bring in the receipt and she'd give me another pair! She was very kind and even showed me how to make sure they were locked on good. Thanks CLAIRES!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:28 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Customer Service is so important to everyone. It can either be right or wrong.. Right a satisfied customer has walked away with a wonderful story and referring people to them; business flourishes. Wrong is a dissatisfied customer who tells the whole world about their terrible service; business goes down hill.
Its so nice to read good things about who we all have dealt with in the past and good things have come of it.