Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Walmart frustration

This morning I was at WalMart and needed something in
    the fabric dept of course no one to help me. SOOOOO I
    rang the bell and that doesn't work!!!!. I then went to a cashier statiion and told her I would like to have some help in fabric she said she would get me someone. She did and I went back to the fabric dept and here comes this gal and says "Yeah what do you want" I told her what I wanted and then another nicer lady came and she helped me. I told her I can't understand why they can't have someone in this dept she said they do but the gal has to spread her time between fabric and stationary.Duh the stationary is way over on the other side of the store.

I then went to the TV dept just to take a look at a new tv
    for the bedroom no one there either. SOOO I went to the photo lab and asked for some help and the lady said to go
    over a couple ailes and there would be a lady to help me.
    SOOOO I proceded over to her and told her I would like to see a 26" tv and she pointed over to the wall so we walked over there and she said they had 3 different brands. I was trying to look at them and the ones they had on display which were way up to heaven. I then asked her which one had a nice clear picture and she just shrugged and said I don't know. I then told her I would continue to look on my own.. Boy when I got home I sent the corporate office a nice nasty e-mail.
    Can you believe having to go clear over to stationary to find someone to help you in fabric :x Not Me.

Been there ... done that ... I once asked for the manager of a store I was in ... the employee never got us a manager ... we had waited and waited and waited ... and finally asked the employee, "Is the manager coming or even here today?" and the employee said ... "Did you really want the manager?"

Seriously??? Come on if I ask for the manager, I want the manager!

Bless you hon ... may your day be better!

After I make a couple of requests for help and wait longer than a customer should have to, I call the store on my cell phone from the Fabric Dept and ask for help.

I had to go to "either the auto supply area or the sporting goods area" according to the note. The woman that helped me recently in the fabric area said corporate doesn't want to pay for staff!!!!!!!! THAT's what Walmart was built on -- never having to wait in line and having good help! I wrote to corporate - but they don't want to hear it either.....

Several good reasons not to shop at WalMart!!! Sorry, it had to be said...

Banned
    Oh girl, been there, done that! I pitched what my husband calls a "hissy fit" in the middle of the Electronics department not too terribly long ago because I couldn't get someone to help me with a simple request for more information on a product they had. Finally after showing my butt and telling them I would sleep there until I got an answer that was semi-correct, they got the manager who didn't know anything! Unfortunately, I called 1-800-walmart and the lady on the phone told me all complaints go back to the store level and good luck getting them taken care of! This was from a WM employee! They have really went down hill!

Blog Entries
    I go to the dressing room. Usually someone is there or close by. I ask them to call for me. The employees I have known to be very knowledgeable and helpful are always promoted and leave the floor! Leaving the Duhs to carry on.

The ONLY thing Wal-Mart is interested in is the bottom line. They put in 25 cash registers but never have more than 2 or 3 open and lines are 5 deep. I hate the place but we don't have anything else in this town. I'd love to have a Target here.

AH! The joys of shopping at Walmart.

Ugh, retail! I have found that most of the time it isnt the workers fault, there just isnt enough of the workers to go around. They are trying to do 10 jobs at once. Its so sad that customer service isnt a priority anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieLou
    The ONLY thing Wal-Mart is interested in is the bottom line. ... but we don't have anything else in this town.
    It is the same here ... no other choices! :-(

Blog Entries
    yep, in hobby lobby fabrics i've had to go to the check out counter to get help. sometimes there is a sign to go to framing, but they just give this blank stare!!

QKO
    Starting to understand why you pay a little more at your local small businesses? It's called SERVICE!

In Wallyworld this is true. My son used to work there they have a new thing now that people must be crossed trained in departments they are not trained in. the the DUH factor!! I do not like this place either. BUt it is cheaper than most places

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
    Ugh, retail! I have found that most of the time it isnt the workers fault, there just isnt enough of the workers to go around. They are trying to do 10 jobs at once. Its so sad that customer service isnt a priority anymore!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    On a bright note- it sounds like you got good exercise today with all that walking !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    All the more reason to visit the nearest LQS (which is a good hour for me).

I must be one of the lucky ones with a half way decent Walmart. Hate the new remodel, but have noticed lots of changes based on customers complaints. Can usually get help, even in the fabric department lately. was there this morning and must have had 5 different workers ask if I found what I needed. I have done lots of complaining there when I am not satisfied.
    Have to say, I was downstate (MI) lately, and get a lot more help here in the north.
    brenda in MI

They are cutting hours in all the Walmart's and making their workers do maybe up to 3 departments just one person to that many departments.

They don't want any full time workers there too.

They are hiring off the street people for minium wage and cutting the older people's hours because they don't want to pay their wages.

To expect someone that makes minimum wage to actually be knowledgeable in electronics is asking a whole lot. All they do is take stuff out of boxes and put it on shelves.

If you want service go to an actual electronics store or fabric store.

Had a similar problem in Joann's the other day. I just had surgery and cannot drive myself so I had to have my hubby take me there about a 40 minute drive one direction. Store was half empty. I was looking for something for a pattern that I usually dont buy and I dont know what it even looks like.

Could NOT find anybody to help me. Now I am currently walking with a cane...visibly handicapped. After walking over half the store, I finally find and employee, the employee POINTS me back to the general direction of where I started. Does not offer to assist me. I had intended to buy a few hundred dollars of stuff and had a full cart. I could not find the item AGAIN. I took the full cart and shoved it as hard as I could until it hit a display, which did not topple over...DARN!!! And I walked out in tears.

Hubby took me to Hancocks even though I insisted that I wanted to go home. I hobbled in. A woman came up to me and said you look like you could use some help what can I help you with. She acted like my personal shopper.

I have spent my last dime at Joann's.

If you want customer service, don't shop at Walmart. Sorry, just my opinion. That's why there's LQS's I'm sorry you had this experience, though. I called Walmarts in my area once looking for a specific item, and at 2 of the 3 area stores, they couldn't even put someone on the phone who spoke English well enough to help me. At the third store, they told me that I would have to come look myself if I wanted to find a particular item. I learned my lesson. No more Walmart for me.

Blog Entries
    When Craftybear and Qbee and I went to a walmart, we had to wait a LONG time for someone to help us. I went and asked a cashier to call someone and no one came. My son went and asked someone to call for help and no one came. Finally a guy came that had no clue what to do but he gave it a try and got all of our fabric cut for us and he was friendly to boot.

It is sad what WM has turned into,the "Top Dogs" don't seem to care about the customers at all,before our local WM done away with their fabric department the ladies were having to work so many departments,all over the store,so that whenever you wanted fabric cut you had to wait a good 30 min. to get any help and if you were there in the evenings someone from electronics(usally a teen boy) would have to come help and I would have to guide them through the whole process.Don't really miss it too much now,go to the LQS.

Blog Entries
    Sadly a sign of the times - not just Walmart expect more from less workers and hope for the best

Our local Wally world doesn't carry fabric anymore. I've shopped at Hobby Lobby several times but there's only been 1 time that the lady was helpful and friendly in the fabric dept. The rest of the time, they acted like it was such a major pain to cut fabric for me. Not shopping there anymore.

For electronics we go to Best Buy. I don't even look at WM anymore.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast