Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We pay for T.V. service and nothing on >

We pay for T.V. service and nothing on

We pay for T.V. service and nothing on

Old 09-28-2010, 06:50 AM

[quote=gollytwo]
Originally Posted by moonwolf23
Originally Posted by gollytwo
My friends all think the same.
I, on the other hand, have a loaded tivo.

You might also like some of USA's stuff.
Covert Affairs, Royal Pains, That one with the FBI and the thief. The burnt CIA agent in miami, who's show I can't remember.
I do like Covert Affairs and Royal Pains, both gone for awhile, liked Saving Grace too, now over. The FBI-thief is White Collar.
Burn Notice (burned CIA guy) somehow doesn't appeal to me. Violence is fine, can't stand torture, this from someone who loved The Shield - go figure
If you're into some strange stuff

Haven is good and so is Warehouse 13, Sci Fi channel. Good plots.
Thanks for the info; I can't do sci-fi, too creepy for me.
What about PBS's Poirot?:)

Oh and A and E got another one called The Glades
Old 09-28-2010, 06:59 AM
Banned

[quote=moonwolf23]
My friends all think the same.
I, on the other hand, have a loaded tivo.

You might also like some of USA's stuff.
Covert Affairs, Royal Pains, That one with the FBI and the thief. The burnt CIA agent in miami, who's show I can't remember.
I do like Covert Affairs and Royal Pains, both gone for awhile, liked Saving Grace too, now over. The FBI-thief is White Collar.
Burn Notice (burned CIA guy) somehow doesn't appeal to me. Violence is fine, can't stand torture, this from someone who loved The Shield - go figure
If you're into some strange stuff

Haven is good and so is Warehouse 13, Sci Fi channel. Good plots.
Thanks for the info; I can't do sci-fi, too creepy for me.
What about PBS's Poirot?:)

Oh and A and E got another one called The Glades
I like PBS mysteries, but not Poirot, like Christie's other characters, just not him. Kurt Wallenger will be back this Sunday. Loved Mankell's early work, not his latest books though. I forgot The Glades, over for the season, really liked it.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:15 AM

I agree, all those TV channels and nothing to watch. Some of the new shows just insult. Like the old bar-fly and her son. I don't watch that. Tried watching the new Hawaii 5 O. Good Grief!! I like watching PBS and the British comedy, so funny. Why can't there be clean and less violent shows? Kids watch these and think that is the norm.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:18 AM

We never turn our TV on except to watch old movies on TCM (no commercials!), or a football or baseball game here and there. I can't bear to watch the commercials even during a game. I, too, wish we could only pay for what we watch, instead of paying for hundreds of channels we never see. It's a shame that sex and foul language are mistaken for talent. I guess I'm a curmudgeon now.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:44 AM

Yeah, Haven,warehouse 13, and a new one Hawaii 50! it is good but I miss Jack lord and Danny Williams, but these guys are good too, the new shows on Tuesday is interesting too, and fringe, now there will be stargate u and caprica, all will be conflicting with everything else! so I got a recorder and hulu, so I think I can and will be able to watch them.

truthfully, I really hope they do better for stargate u this season, I don't want a soap opera! so I miss sg1!!! why can't they kinda do it that way? well I am not the writer huh? where are the asguards? and the other ones not the goalds or replicators but geeeeeee! c'mon! if they are to explore let them explore! find stuff! ok I am off my soap box, sorry ladies...
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 AM

I bought an antenna and get only about a half dozen channels but I get news, ABC and the public channels with the quilting, crafting and food shows along with concerts, etc. There's always other sources for movies and TV shows you really want to see. It sure saves a lot of $$$!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 AM

Mentioned it before but we have had no TV for over 12 yrs. Hard at first but we are movie fans and get most of what we want from the free public library plus have built up quite a library of our own. Friend in town sells tapes for $1.00 and discs for up to $5.00 each....all are used but you can't beat the price. Nice to hear a good report on Redbox as our son has just gone to work for them as IT. He got tired of working for GM (Government Motors).
Old 09-28-2010, 10:31 AM

Inspiritational stations
Old 09-28-2010, 12:15 PM

Whatever happened to the good old sit-coms that would make you laugh once in awhile and had good subject matter? And, the variety shows? Remember the Andy Williams Show, the Jack Benny Show, The Red Skelton Show? Those were so entertaining and the whole family could watch them. Nowadays there's so much bad language on the TV that I won't allow my 7-year old grandson to watch it. It even makes my ears turn red!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:00 PM

Satellite is all shows that they want you to buy things. Paid advertisements. Etc. Very few actual shows on any more and we have 200 channels but only watch maybe 10 of them.It's very expensive but dear hubby has to have his Nascar