Wedding Vows

Old 07-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Power Poster

WOW My DH doesn't do any of that. Dirty clothes go into the hamper. he wears what's clean and on top. Clothes don't make it to the corner of the room on the floor.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:39 PM

I have to laugh at these responses. Being married to the same man over 40 years and the only thing that has changed is I stopped being mama. His clean clothes are dumped in a pile by his dresser and he lives out of that pile the whole week. When company is coming, I tell him to move the pig pile to his closet, which he does. His dresser drawers are a nightmare. Nothing is folded correctly just shoved in the drawer. It is a miracle the drawer even closes. You should see "man land" in the basement !!! YIPES.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:00 AM

I sort of, know how you feel. My husband claimed the bathroom just inside the garage as his right after we built our house. The linen closet in the bathroom is full of his clothes, no room for linens or toilet paper and the shower in the bathroom is his "to wear again" clothes, always a mess of clothes. We have all antiques in our home and the antique coat tree in the bathroom is always so full of clothes it's hard to move when I do floors. We have a huge walk-in closet in the bedroom but he says he doesn't want to walk all the way across the house to get clothes out of that closet, even though he showers in the master bath right by the closet! After 15 years I give up, but I do throw anything he has thrown over the shower curtain in "his" bathroom either on the floor, the pile on the coat tree or on the vanity. Lazy? Yes, a slob, also yes. But I'm sure I do things that drive him nuts. At least he doesn't throw anything in the bedroom. I like the idea of a garbage can in the corner, maybe he will get the hint. Maybe I should try that in the bathroom?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
If that's the worst of his vices, he is probably still a keeper.
He could be out gambling, boozing, drugging, or chasing other women.

Not to say that it's not annoying - if he does other useful stuff? - sometimes one has to pick one's battles!
Absolutely. I miss having the sox on the floor or the shirt in the corner. I miss it so much. 52-1/2 years. Thank your lucky stars you can still clean up after him. I never regretted one sock or one shirt, clean or dirty. Also, I miss his snoring like you wouldn't believe. Mine was a keeper. Be careful what you wish for. Edie
Old 07-23-2013, 11:37 AM

You have to read the really itsy-bitsy wee tiny almost not there paragraph in the bottom left hand corner of the contract. LOL . I never complained about the laundry or the work boots until they tripped me on my way to the bathroom in the dark. My scream and the thud woke him and after a couple nights of this he learned to put dirty cloths closer to a basket setting on his side of the bed and boots were left next to his chair. And I never had to b**ch at him....
Old 07-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Power Poster

My sister has that issue with her 14 year-old. IF he puts the clothes down the laundry shoot, she will wash it. IF he leaves the dirty clothes in his room, he has to do his own laundry. Pretty good that a 14 year-old knows how to sort, wash, dry, and fold clothes. It may be a bit late for your DH but I find those guys trainable.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:16 PM

Mine complains that I only clean up "his stuff" when cleaning. My reply is when he cleans he can put away what he wants to put away. As long as I'm doing the cleaning I will put away what I want to put away. All in all he is a keeper though - I maintain the house and he maintains all the vehicles. We share work around the farm - he can fix anything that needs fixing. We've been married 47 years so I guess we've adjusted to each other's ways.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:18 AM

My husband is excellent with his dirty clothes...... BUT horrible with our desk... everything gets tossed on it, to the point you can not see what the top looks like...so when I clean it off... I toss everything in HIS chair. He can't sit until he cleans his chair off. BUT.. I am glad to be married to him, rather his brothers... who would drive me crazy with the entire house has to be spotless. To the point she always has a sink full of water to do dishes. She cooks, and he is cleaning right behind her...even puts items away she is not done using.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:58 AM

i have the opposite problem. Glenn does all the laundry at our house and if I ever lay something down even for 2 minutes clean or dirty it goes in the wash. If I need to put it on I've learned to hold on to it.