Wedding Vows

Old 07-21-2013, 07:18 PM

My grandmother always said that if you have to hold a piece of clothing up to examine it or smell it to see if it is fit to wear, it isn't! It always seemed like a sensible rule to me. If clothing is lying around, it probably is creased (or covered in cat hair) and won't make the wearer look their best either.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:02 PM

Don't think that was in the vows!! My pet peeve is the "Where are my glasses?" question several times a day...my response is always the same..."I don't know...I wear mine...why don't you wear yours?" His response..."I just need them to see some things" huh?? Say what???? Then we go through the where did you have them last, what were you doing...etc...I think I'll get him those holders that go around his neck!!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:52 AM

Tired of looking at it, or smelling it? Just throw it in the wash!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 AM

sorry can't complain here, I have mine housebroken, he does his laundry, makes his bed, cooks his meals and does his dishes, empty's the trash and cleans the cat box every day. He also does the lawn, and takes the big trash can down to the road for pickup day. He vac's half the house, he cleans his bathroom not as often as I would like, but I don't have to use that room so why worry about it? I have what one would call a low maintinance hubby, and I like it like that!!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:44 AM

We had a laundry chute and anything that didn't go down the chute didn't get washed. If they ran out of clothes they washed their own and they had to make a full load out of it so they usually had to add stuff from someone else who did use the chute.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:42 AM
Power Poster

I really think most men are from the same darn mold!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 AM

I am the messy one, and I have to tell you, it's my home, too and if I want to put my pants on the chair, I'm going to do it. I can't imagine being an adult, and having to listen to someone tell me how to keep my clothes, or fridge or whatever, in my own home. If someone's not happy with the state of things, then they can clean it up. And people complain about QUILT POLICE!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 10:37 AM

My DH used to lean on the hamper to take off his socks and drop them on the floor. Used to drive me crazy, but I wish he were still here to drop whatever he wanted to on the floor.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:25 PM

I can't complain either. I have a low maintenance husband, also. When he told me how he wanted his clothes folded after I washed them, I told him, fine, then you can do your own laundry and fold it like you like it. That was 36 yrs. ago, and it has worked for us.

Originally Posted by leaha View Post
sorry can't complain here, I have mine housebroken, he does his laundry, makes his bed, cooks his meals and does his dishes, empty's the trash and cleans the cat box every day. He also does the lawn, and takes the big trash can down to the road for pickup day. He vac's half the house, he cleans his bathroom not as often as I would like, but I don't have to use that room so why worry about it? I have what one would call a low maintinance hubby, and I like it like that!!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:21 PM

My unspoken personal policy is that if it's not in a laundry hamper or laying on top of the washing machine (as my husband likes to do from time to do), it doesn't get washed. I don't say anything. He eventually gets the message when he can't find something he wants to wear and either puts them in the hamper or washes them himself. It's worked for 43 years. I refuse to stress out over small stuff and this definitely qualifies as small stuff to me.