Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-08-2010, 06:21 AM

Yeehaw three pounds this week, a great start. And I got through Saturday, the day that usually messes me up. I have my menu planned for Sunday. Blackberries and granola for breakfast, ham sandwich with cole slaw for lunch and broccoli casserole for dinner. That should keep me at 1300 calories.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:26 AM

Went to my daughter's yesterday and got on her scale. The good news is the scale did not scream at me to get off! The other good news is I lost 7 1/2 lbs since August 1st. Of course most of that is water weight, but at least its a start! So, yay for me!
Old 08-08-2010, 06:38 AM

Congrats to all you loosers! woohoot! Great job!

I went to a pig roast yesterday and I went over my daily allowance by 581 calories!!! That's 1/3 of my daily allowance. It's ok though *huge smile & does a happy dance* I'm down 4, count them 1,2,3,4#s!!!! woohoot!

I'm so very happy. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm on my way! *Says a prayer asking God to help her stay on her path to a healthier life style.*

As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
As of 1Aug2010: 193.8

Week #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]93642[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-93637.jpe  
Old 08-08-2010, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Went to my daughter's yesterday and got on her scale. The good news is the scale did not scream at me to get off! The other good news is I lost 7 1/2 lbs since August 1st. Of course most of that is water weight, but at least its a start! So, yay for me!
Absolutely yay for you

:thumbup: :thumbup: haven't been on the sacale yet, not getting on thil the 31st. Went out for dinner last nite, had a shrimp burrito, delicious... no apps, no dessert. Receipe to make shrimp burrito at home, 1 low carb tortilla, 8 large shrimp grilled or sauted, cabbage shredded (or lettuce if you prefer) salsa, 1 oz each corn and black beans, roll up, place in oven bake til just brown. Enjoy :D :D double yumm-o I like to make my own salsa with tomatoes, onions, jalapeno peppers, cilantro and lime. Because I don't care for chunky salsa, I put mine in the blender to make it smooth.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:22 AM

I weighed myself this a.m. and wrote it in my notebook. I have hypothyroidism so my weight will not be as faster as others, but I am happy with what i did this week. No cheating and I'm now going into second week.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by jacie
hi missy: you got it right, is that just Harley, or are you talking about the rally in sturgis? I was there in Sturgis ONE time, once was enough.....went with my brother, and he went many times...... yikes, how can a person stand all that every year>

we have many good memories of s.d. now love Michigan again in summer, Florida in winter. looking forward to October , ready to leave already.Jacie
Yup. The rally in Sturgis. I have been awake since really early today becaus of the roar of the bikes from the gas station behind my house. Ugh.

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Yeehaw three pounds this week, a great start. And I got through Saturday, the day that usually messes me up. I have my menu planned for Sunday. Blackberries and granola for breakfast, ham sandwich with cole slaw for lunch and broccoli casserole for dinner. That should keep me at 1300 calories.
Three pounds!! That is wonderful!!

What is in your broccoli casserole? Sounds like a yummy day!

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
Oh that is AMAZING!! Yay for you!!!

Keep it up!! You are doing wonderful!

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
Congrats to all you loosers! woohoot! Great job!

I went to a pig roast yesterday and I went over my daily allowance by 581 calories!!! That's 1/3 of my daily allowance. It's ok though *huge smile & does a happy dance* I'm down 4, count them 1,2,3,4#s!!!! woohoot!

I'm so very happy. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm on my way! *Says a prayer asking God to help her stay on her path to a healthier life style.*

As of 8Aug2010: 189.4
As of 1Aug2010: 193.8
This is just wonderful!! I am so happy for you!!

Keep on keeping on girlfriend!

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 07:53 AM

Scales say I am down 4.5, problem is I have lost the first 5 pound probably 20 times, this time I am determined that I will make it to the 100 that I need to loose. I have found a TIA CHI for Seniors video that is Wonderful. It is Not strenuous just gentle moves and stretches. I would highly recommend it for us that are "over the hill" and way overweight. My prayer for all today. EAT HEALTHY!!!