Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize.........Aug sign up

Old 08-08-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Terryl
Missy, there is a program on TV called sit and be fit. It's mostly geared toward seniors, but why couldn't it work for others as well? If you don't have it on your TV at home perhaps you can find it on-line?
OMG A few years ago I did the exercise along with the program. It is still on but I think it is early in the morning. I like to exercise in the early evening.
It is not available on TV here in my area. So, I think I will have to order a DVD. We will see though.

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 10:37 AM

Still sitting at my lowest weight but not complaining.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Leota
Still sitting at my lowest weight but not complaining.
Sitting at your lowest weight is a great thing!!

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 AM

Missy, my in-laws lived in S.D. and retired in Sturgis and wouldn't leave their home during bike week. He was a minister and did not think much of the bikers. His son (my husand) rode motorcycles and I did too!!) Good money maker for the region.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Missy, my in-laws lived in S.D. and retired in Sturgis and wouldn't leave their home during bike week. He was a minister and did not think much of the bikers. His son (my husand) rode motorcycles and I did too!!) Good money maker for the region.
HUGE money maker!! I do not have a problem with the rally. It is just that we have a very popular gas station directly behind our house so we hear the round-the-clock roar of the bikes until it is over.

This year is a big year for the rally as it is the 70th anniversary. There are a lot of big name performers at the Buffalo Chip this year too. None of which interest me personally but they are appearing nonetheless. No one ever checks with me on who performs but still. Hehe.

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 11:44 AM

hi missy, got a chuckle about no body checking with you on the entertainment....It was mind boggling to me when we were there how the gals dressed??? or should I say undressed?
surely , I did not fit in,hahaha. jacie
Old 08-08-2010, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by jacie
hi missy, got a chuckle about no body checking with you on the entertainment....It was mind boggling to me when we were there how the gals dressed??? or should I say undressed?
surely , I did not fit in,hahaha. jacie
Holy Moly...the girls...oh my the girls...my mother went to Deadwood last night to play poker and all she has talked about today is how the girls were dressed/undressed.

I sure have never fit in with that crowd. Heh.

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Hubby ate my broccoli casserole! What is it that they say about the best laid plans???? I was up in my sewing room when he came home from golfing. It wasnt like I had a note on it or anything but I didnt think he liked it.

All the stuff that is left in the freezer has too high of a sodium content...learned that lesson last week! So it's 5pm and I have to go to the store hungry. This could get ugly.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by seamstome
Hubby ate my broccoli casserole! What is it that they say about the best laid plans???? I was up in my sewing room when he came home from golfing. It wasnt like I had a note on it or anything but I didnt think he liked it.

All the stuff that is left in the freezer has too high of a sodium content...learned that lesson last week! So it's 5pm and I have to go to the store hungry. This could get ugly.
Oh NOO! What is it about children and spouses???

Well, hang on to your restraint while you are at the store.

Missy
Old 08-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Had an eventful weekend. Attended a funeral yesterday and the reception after was great---they hired someone to make soft tacos which I had with chicken but I was good until I saw the chips and guacamole. My sister-in-law and hubby spend the night and today we had a very good brunch of which I ate all the wrong stuff. My attitude--tomorrow is a new day and a new start. Just have to keep away from those darn carbs.