Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up >

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Weight Loss Challenge with a prize......Nov sign up

Old 11-23-2010, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
So I tried on a size 12 pair of jeans and they can finally be pulled up over my thunder thighs and big butt now should I be doing the happy dance because 8 months ago they wouldn't pass my thighs, or should I cry because the zipper is spread apart by about 5 inches and they had fit me 6 years ago?
Do the happy dance because you can get them up. In a month or two you will be able to pull that zipper UP.
YEA
Now Missy this smarta** answer will make you laugh. Hope it doesn't get me thrown off the forum.............

If in a month or 2 I could pull the zipper up I will be thin enough to want someone to pull the zipper down. :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Pulling the zipper down" is so much fun after losing weight! DH and I had lost a combined total of 100 pounds so I know of what I speak 8-) Unfortunately we gained back a total of 40 pounds :( Doesn't matter anyhow since I moved out of our room due to marriage problems.

I did manage to lose another four pounds last week.

OMG, I don't know what to even say about what just happened. My 13 year old daughter (who is thin to average) just came down wearing pants that she thought were hers. They were the size 10 pants that I used to fit into last year. I didn't realize how small size ten is. I really, really want to be there again. When I get discouaged about my current size I need to remember that had I continued to do nothing I would still be in a size 18 that was too small - - or bigger.

This is going to be a wierd day, I just got up to give the kids their medication and I accidentally took my daughters ADHD medicine. Maybe I will be better able to pay attention today or better yet, maybe I will lose my appetite like she does.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
So I tried on a size 12 pair of jeans and they can finally be pulled up over my thunder thighs and big butt now should I be doing the happy dance because 8 months ago they wouldn't pass my thighs, or should I cry because the zipper is spread apart by about 5 inches and they had fit me 6 years ago?
Do the happy dance because you can get them up. In a month or two you will be able to pull that zipper UP.
YEA
Now Missy this smarta** answer will make you laugh. Hope it doesn't get me thrown off the forum.............

If in a month or 2 I could pull the zipper up I will be thin enough to want someone to pull the zipper down. :shock: :shock: :shock:
"Pulling the zipper down" is so much fun after losing weight! DH and I had lost a combined total of 100 pounds so I know of what I speak 8-) Unfortunately we gained back a total of 40 pounds :( Doesn't matter anyhow since I moved out of our room due to marriage problems.

I did manage to lose another four pounds last week.

OMG, I don't know what to even say about what just happened. My 13 year old daughter (who is thin to average) just came down wearing pants that she thought were hers. They were the size 10 pants that I used to fit into last year. I didn't realize how small size ten is. I really, really want to be there again. When I get discouaged about my current size I need to remember that had I continued to do nothing I would still be in a size 18 that was too small - - or bigger.

This is going to be a wierd day, I just got up to give the kids their medication and I accidentally took my daughters ADHD medicine. Maybe I will be better able to pay attention today or better yet, maybe I will lose my appetite like she does.
I know exactly of what you speak. My DH and I have lost a combined 75lbs. and life is better if you know what I mean.

Hope you don't have any problems from taking your daughters meds.

:oops:
Old 11-23-2010, 07:35 AM

I am alive. I still have the pains but I am thinking maybe I have angina. (Missy get you head out of the gutter I didn't spell something wrong) Anyway my dad had angina, I rushed him the the ER. He is dead over 23 years so I can't ask him about it. I do know he felt like he was having a heart attach and was kept him in the hospital for 3 days. I think I will google angina and see what it says.
Please do not mess around with that pain. Please go get checked out.
It is VERY dangerous to self diagnose.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Banned

Here's the thing, I exist I do not have a life. I am feel sick all the time, I have not left my house in almost 6 years. I needed surgery over a year agofor something not my heart I didn't have it done. Besides the fact I had no one to take care of me after the surgery I didn't have it because my feeling was let it kill me. I called my son just to let him know where important papers were if anything did happen last night. This does not casue chest pain but I have superventricular attackacardia (SP?) my heart races it has been up to 220 your heart can explode at the rate. I have been rushed to the ER a few times. I will no longer go if it happens. I suffer with my disability each and every minute of each and everyday. I NEVER have good days somedays I don't even have good minutes. Death by natural causes is the way out. There is no cure or relief from my disability so why should I get help for other medial conditions and maybe prolong my life of suffering People pray to not die I pray everynight I will.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Tru I really don't know what to say except my heart cries for you!! Your disability has done nothing except rob you of your life. I went thru 6 months of panic attacks and couldn't leave my home because I just knew if I did I was gonna die but my problem was caused by pregnancy hormones going crazy. I feel for you honey. Hang in there!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:32 AM

Tru..I am praying for you too. You have many people right here who care about you and when you allow yourself to be liked and/or loved you have a responsiblity to take care of yourself! And as per your "Location" you have to finish your job with Santa!

Hang in there, we are all on your side! And we care!!

God Bless and Keep you
Old 11-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Here's the thing, I exist I do not have a life. I am feel sick all the time, I have not left my house in almost 6 years. I needed surgery over a year agofor something not my heart I didn't have it done. Besides the fact I had no one to take care of me after the surgery I didn't have it because my feeling was let it kill me. I called my son just to let him know where important papers were if anything did happen last night. This does not casue chest pain but I have superventricular attackacardia (SP?) my heart races it has been up to 220 your heart can explode at the rate. I have been rushed to the ER a few times. I will no longer go if it happens. I suffer with my disability each and every minute of each and everyday. I NEVER have good days somedays I don't even have good minutes. Death by natural causes is the way out. There is no cure or relief from my disability so why should I get help for other medial conditions and maybe prolong my life of suffering People pray to not die I pray everynight I will.
I know how you feel and I am sorry you have to feel this way. It hurts...
Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM

I won't say I know how you feel because, IMO, no one does. I will say you need to see a doctor. Venticular tachycardia can be treated as can unstable angina. In my case, it's a simple old fashioned drug - not one of the fancy new ones. I have at least two more heart problems. It was thought I'd not live to grow up. PM me if you want the name of the med so you can ask your doctor about it. The pain you're having does sound like angina. BTW, I beat you - 240 beats a minute if I exercise with my hands over my head. You don't circulate much blood at that rate.

Please see your doctor. You can't do otherwise for your son's sake. And if not for yourself, then for us. I haven't been here long, but it's clear to me that you are the glue that holds this thread together.

This is a depressing time of the year. Between gray skies and the the approaching holidays, it can be an unhappy time. If your finances permit, a sunlamp is wonderful.

On a happier note, my weight is under one of those numbers with a 0 on the end. First time in 13 months. Woohoo!
Old 11-23-2010, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I won't say I know how you feel because, IMO, no one does. I will say you need to see a doctor. Venticular tachycardia can be treated as can unstable angina. In my case, it's a simple old fashioned drug - not one of the fancy new ones. I have at least two more heart problems. It was thought I'd not live to grow up. PM me if you want the name of the med so you can ask your doctor about it. The pain you're having does sound like angina. BTW, I beat you - 240 beats a minute if I exercise with my hands over my head. You don't circulate much blood at that rate.

Please see your doctor. You can't do otherwise for your son's sake. And if not for yourself, then for us. I haven't been here long, but it's clear to me that you are the glue that holds this thread together.

This is a depressing time of the year. Between gray skies and the the approaching holidays, it can be an unhappy time. If your finances permit, a sunlamp is wonderful.

On a happier note, my weight is under one of those numbers with a 0 on the end. First time in 13 months. Woohoo!
You said it very eloquently.
Yes I do the happy dance when I go under a 0. I also love going under the 5's.
My goal is 5 pounds. I have lots of 5's to go but little goals are so much easier to reach.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I won't say I know how you feel because, IMO, no one does.
I most certainly do know how she feels to wake up after many nights of praying to die and to still be alive. Sometimes it is helpful to not feel like you are alone. I also know what depression so severe you welcome death feels like. I doubt if Tru would argue my assessment after having also experienced these things. It hurts... And when you add on the rest of the sh$% this life has to offer any one person my assessment is the same. It hurts...