Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-05-2010, 07:47 AM

I have lost 3.2lbs YEA! its a good thing too cus we have a family labor day bbq and my family is not known for healthy get togethers lolol.

I am being good I am going to bring a fruit salad!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
I have lost 3.2lbs YEA! its a good thing too cus we have a family labor day bbq and my family is not known for healthy get togethers lolol.

I am being good I am going to bring a fruit salad!
Way to go!!! Yay for you!

Missy
Old 09-05-2010, 07:55 AM

I actually gained 1/4# last month, but this month I am promising to do much better. I have my seltzer water, bottled water, and have cleaned out my house of all the junk. My hubby is joining me in the weight loss, so here I go in Sept!!!

Linda58
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 AM

Okay folks. Missy has learned something new and since my mom is out of town I have decided to spew my newfound knowledge on you guys. 'Kay?

I just learned about making omelettes in baggies. All you do is put your eggs and all the fixings you want in the omelette in the baggie (a durable one with a zip top is the best choice) and place it in boiling water for 12 minutes. It slides right out after you take it out of the water. Isn't that the cleverest thing ever? No more bowls and pans and all the mess. Kids could get into the act and do their own too. I am so going to have to try this.

Missy
Old 09-05-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Linda58
I actually gained 1/4# last month, but this month I am promising to do much better. I have my seltzer water, bottled water, and have cleaned out my house of all the junk. My hubby is joining me in the weight loss, so here I go in Sept!!!

Linda58
That is great that your husband is joining in on the fun! What does seltzer water taste like? I have never had that before.

My mom and stepdad are out of town this weekend and so I took this opportunity to clear out the pantry of all the bad stuff. Not only does the pantry look better but there is no more junk in there. *patting myself on back* Good job Missy! Hehehehe!

Missy
Old 09-05-2010, 08:10 AM

Soapbox time:

What you eat and when you eat it is neither good or bad. You aren't good or bad based upon what you have eaten. One of the challenges we face is to redefine what good and bad are. This is very important because many of us were rewarded and punished be eating certain foods, being denied dessert,being taken to dinner, self starvation,... you fill in the blank. God doesn't judge us as good or bad because of what we eat. He judges us according to our obedience to Him, and how we treat others.

You aren't bad or good because of the number on the scales. Or the number on the tape measure. You are good because God loves you...and that is all.

The choices you make have consequences. Some, we like better than others. But they are just choices. Not good or bad pills.

If you have done the work, but not reaped the reward, it isn't a reflection of good or bad. Don't punish yourself for doing that which you know to be healthy. Eat your pancakes with syrup. Smile and keep going.

Continue to make healthy choices and you will become healthier. That is the goal. If you are happy, healthy, and enjoying your life, who cares what numbers the scales says. Not me, and not you either.

The prize isn't being skinny. The prize is being healthy and living fully.

You aren't good or bad because of the food and exercise choices.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
Soapbox time:

What you eat and when you eat it is neither good or bad. You aren't good or bad based upon what you have eaten. One of the challenges we face is to redefine what good and bad are. This is very important because many of us were rewarded and punished be eating certain foods, being denied dessert,being taken to dinner, self starvation,... you fill in the blank. God doesn't judge us as good or bad because of what we eat. He judges us according to our obedience to Him, and how we treat others.

You aren't bad or good because of the number on the scales. Or the number on the tape measure. You are good because God loves you...and that is all.

The choices you make have consequences. Some, we like better than others. But they are just choices. Not good or bad pills.

If you have done the work, but not reaped the reward, it isn't a reflection of good or bad. Don't punish yourself for doing that which you know to be healthy. Eat your pancakes with syrup. Smile and keep going.

Continue to make healthy choices and you will become healthier. That is the goal. If you are happy, healthy, and enjoying your life, who cares what numbers the scales says. Not me, and not you either.

The prize isn't being skinny. The prize is being healthy and living fully.

You aren't good or bad because of the food and exercise choices.
Gwyn,

You are so wise. Thank you for sharing this. I am so glad I have "met" you.

Missy
Old 09-05-2010, 08:22 AM

I think we should put the scales away until September 30th. Then, I suggest we all purchase a pedometer and start wearing it. 10,000 steps a day equals about 1 pound a week. Count all your steps from morning until night. This would make a large number be a positive thing and a daily measure of your successful journey.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:32 AM

Good and bad are all around us.
When I make good choices I get good rewards when I make bad choices I get bad consequence .

This morning I made a good choice to only have 2 pancakes and half a sausage. There by saving 300 calories and fat I did not need.
I also chose to eat my pancakes with homemade jam instead of high fructose syrup to save a few more calories.

Today I am bringing a fruit salad instead of my normal cheese cake.
If I had brought the cheese cake then I would make the good choice to eat a tiny sliver instead of a whole hunk
I have made bad decisions and that is why I am almost 100lbs over weight.

When I said I am being good and bringing a fruit salad I meant that I am making a good choice.

If I made a bad choice to to rob a bank would I then not be bad the same as if I brought the cheese cake to the BBQ?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 AM

I'm off to a good start today. I had such a yummy breakfast egg white muffins, toast and 1/2 pear. 2 cups of water. 187 cal.
I feel full and I'm ready to get on with my day. I hope everyone has a great day.