Weight Watchers

Old 08-17-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by dellareya
Earlier this year I saw Geneen Roth on the Oprah's show. I loved what she had to say and ordered her book called "WOMEN, FOOD AND GOD". It has made a huge impact on me. It has helped me get a better mind set about food and my relationship too it. At the end of the book she gives 7 guidelines for eating. The guidelines hit very close to home for me.
I just started reading this book and I have to say its hitting home for me too.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:56 AM

the other day someone sent in a great recipe for apples.

I sent it to my daughter and she sent this back to me....she is a weight watcher so I thought maybe someone here might be interested in it

"I used to cook Granny Smith apples in the microwave with a little butter, cinnamon and sugar substitute and put them in a wrap (heated in microwave) then wrapped the apples and put vanilla non-fat pudding on it! all for 4 pts! yum yum !!!!!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:16 PM

I did WW for a while I started in March and I have lost 36 pounds up to this point in time. I think I'd like to lose another 40 and then I'll be good, but I'll see how I feel in another 20 or so.

I also use http://myfitnesspal.com and it's free and helps keep track of calories.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:59 PM

I have been a lifetime member for many years. my weight has yo yoed for just as many years. Weight watchers (when I apply myself is the only thing that works. I have about 15 kilos (about 33 lbs to lose). Have been back on track for one week (loss of about 1.5 kilos - 3.3 lbs). my son and his fiancee have announced that they are getting married in November 2011. This is my incentive.
Colleen
Old 09-11-2010, 05:02 PM

Oh God is good! I was just thinking this afternoon I need to do what I can to help myself lose this last 40 lbs.

I think I shall see about the book from the library. My DD needs to lose about 60 - 70 lbs. She has gotten too big and I don't want her having health problems.

I wish everyone good wishes.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:07 PM

Zucchini and yellow squash have 0 points! That makes it nice!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by mjsylvstr
the other day someone sent in a great recipe for apples.

I sent it to my daughter and she sent this back to me....she is a weight watcher so I thought maybe someone here might be interested in it

"I used to cook Granny Smith apples in the microwave with a little butter, cinnamon and sugar substitute and put them in a wrap (heated in microwave) then wrapped the apples and put vanilla non-fat pudding on it! all for 4 pts! yum yum !!!!!
Thanks so much for this. I think that is my hardest is trying to figure out how many points things are. Eating out is a nightmare
Old 09-13-2010, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I did WW for a while I started in March and I have lost 36 pounds up to this point in time. I think I'd like to lose another 40 and then I'll be good, but I'll see how I feel in another 20 or so.

I also use http://myfitnesspal.com and it's free and helps keep track of calories.
Wow thanks for inspiring me I have a lot to lose and this one pound a week is hard.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by manyana
I have been a lifetime member for many years. my weight has yo yoed for just as many years. Weight watchers (when I apply myself is the only thing that works. I have about 15 kilos (about 33 lbs to lose). Have been back on track for one week (loss of about 1.5 kilos - 3.3 lbs). my son and his fiancee have announced that they are getting married in November 2011. This is my incentive.
Colleen
Thats what I need a motivator. Ok maybe I need to set a goal and a reward for myself.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:10 AM

Its not that hard if you start off with small changes. I started 4 months ago eating regular pasta and gradually added whole wheat so it was 75% regular and 25% whole wheat. Now I only eat whole wheat. And I am not looking at it like I have 40 pounds to lose I think of it in 5 pound increments. For every 5 pounds I lose I give myself a treat I gave myself earrings and a moda layer cake and a new purse. I have only gotten a few new clothes because I'm saving the big shopping spree for when I get to goal weight or my pants fall down!