Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Well, I had to ask!

Blog Entries

Well, I had to ask!

My 13 yo grandson was so pleased that he'd raised his science grade from an F to A+! When I asked what topic they were studying this session he replied "The Reproductive System"!! Will I ever learn?

(Before anyone has a fit - he's horse-farm raised and has helped with the breeding many times.)
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Hahaha!! Next time....don't ask....just smile....

Oh, the joys of discovery!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    well, he raised his grade, so a big congratulations to him.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    Hey, he got an A, more power to him!

Wonder how many men can verify that they have an A+ in that area!! lol

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    It goes to show that when a subject is interesting, the student applies himself.
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

At least it was in the most useful area for him. Too many are ignorant of the processes. Congratulations to him.

Congrats. A little funny, sure, but very useful knowledge!

Our DGD also lives on a thoroughbred farm. I was raised on a farm, my DH's children were not. We have discussed many times how much a difference there is. Our DGD has enlightened her class more than once about "farm Life."
    One such occasion, she was in 1st grade and when the teacher asked what they did over the weekend, she raised her hand and said " can you say placenta?" She and her mother arrived at the barn a little early to see the new foal and she asked what was on the baby. Wanting her to know the real names of things and not slang words, thus came the new word to her "placenta."
    One more funny story I have to share, her Daddy and her took a mare to the stud barn for a visit. They stayed out side and waited to take the mare back to the other side of the farm. When our DD got home, she proudly told her mother that they had been to the stud barn. Our daughter not very happy asked her DH, asked why she was at the stud barn. Long story short, our DGD asked why they took the mares to see the Daddy horses. Then she, and her 5 yr old mind said "Oh, I know, the momma horses go and visit the daddy horses and tell them how the baby horses our doing." Of course, this to got shared with her class mates!
    Life on a farm is alot different.
    Country 1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie View Post
    My 13 yo grandson was so pleased that he'd raised his science grade from an F to A+! When I asked what topic they were studying this session he replied "The Reproductive System"!! Will I ever learn?

(Before anyone has a fit - he's horse-farm raised and has helped with the breeding many times.)
    Do you mean "... before anyone has a cow..."? har har -- couldn't resist. Thanks for a cute post.

Ok, I'm going to tell on myself. I was raised on a farm also but at the age of 8 had only seen puppies born and once a litter of pigs. I didn't know how those babies got in there only that they came out looking cute. One day I got home from school early and went to the barn looking for my dad. There was a strange man in there with his arm totally inside the cow. I went screaming home that there was a man being eaten by a cow only at the wrong end. Mom just looked at me and when my dad came from the barn he saw a hysterical 8 yr old being given some facts. Wow who knew???
    Debra

Good for him!!!!
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Blog Entries
    Good for the grade improvement! Yippee!
    This thread reminds me of the story about the youngest of three children who asked how babies came to be. Her mother told her to go watch the cow and bull in the pasture. After a time, the child came back into the house and asked, "EEEUUWW, Mom, you had to go through that three times?" Farm life is hard work, but not always dull!!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

well congrats to him on raising his grade!
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell