Well, I was going to ask

Old 04-17-2010, 04:07 AM

what do you do when you wake up at 4:00 or 5:00 am, but now I know. I woke up at 4:15 this morning and could not get back to sleep. Finally, at about 5:00 am I got up, put up some things in the kitchen, swept the floor, clean up some scraps on the floor (trashed some small ones, kept some) and decided to get on the msg bd. And guess what? I found out that many of you are either up a LOT later than I am, or you wake up a LOT earlier! I read most of the entries for the "weigh in" because my daughters and I have been trying to lose some weight for about 6 weeks. I have lost 8 lbs but have slacked off. Will try to get serious again. Well, if you are still awake, have a good day, and join me in a nap in a few hours.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:29 AM
Banned

5 am is the best time of morning....its still peaceful at that time. :thumbup:
Old 04-17-2010, 05:02 AM

I'm usually up by 4 or 5. I've gotten up early ever since I was about 7 or 8 years old. MY dh says I'm just plain abnormal. LOL
Old 04-17-2010, 05:06 AM

Marsye, I see that you live in the Ozarks. One of my best memories of my Mom and Dad was a 3 day trip we took through Arkansas. One night we drove too long and couldn't find a motel, at a small diner we asked about a place to spend the night and they told us about a B&B. I wish I could remember the name but I can't. We drove a long way, thought we were lost, but finally found the house. A delightful youngish woman who worked as a home health nurse. The next morning when we got up, she had already left for work but had left a marvelous breakfast of eggs, sausage, biscuits warming in the oven, homemade cinnamon buns and lots of coffee. We sat on her back deck which hung over a steep ravine and gazed across the mountains at daybreak! It was so peaceful and beautiful we didn't want to leave! This was a wonderful time for me and my Mom and Dad.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:07 AM
Pam

I was on here at 4:30 reading tutorials!
Old 04-17-2010, 05:08 AM

Pocoelli, I am definitely a morning person, but for years I went to bed by 9:00 pm and was up early enough to work in the garden before I went to work. I have been retired for several years now, and have developed the habit of watching TV until about 11:00 or 12:00 so I really, really wish I could get in the habit of sleeping until about 7:00. Oh, well, I can still day dream.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:18 AM

Too many years of having to get up and go to work. I'm starting my 6th year of retirement and still can't sleep late. If I sleep until 7am I feel like I've wasted the best part of the morning. I'm usually up somewhere between 4 and 5. That gives me a couple hours of peace and quiet before having to get DD up for school.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
Marsye, I see that you live in the Ozarks. One of my best memories of my Mom and Dad was a 3 day trip we took through Arkansas. One night we drove too long and couldn't find a motel, at a small diner we asked about a place to spend the night and they told us about a B&B. I wish I could remember the name but I can't. We drove a long way, thought we were lost, but finally found the house. A delightful youngish woman who worked as a home health nurse. The next morning when we got up, she had already left for work but had left a marvelous breakfast of eggs, sausage, biscuits warming in the oven, homemade cinnamon buns and lots of coffee. We sat on her back deck which hung over a steep ravine and gazed across the mountains at daybreak! It was so peaceful and beautiful we didn't want to leave! This was a wonderful time for me and my Mom and Dad.
Sounds like a wonderful memory of Arkansas! That could have been Eureka Springs? or anywhere for that matter. :=) I thank God everyday I live here. I lived in the desert in west Texas for 9 miserable years and it really made me appreciate Arkansas even more! ;)
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 AM

i wake up at 5/ 5:30. i love the mornings..and because i am retired, i gett o take a nap everyday at around noon.
i put on the coffee, feed the dogs and hit the garden..
Old 04-17-2010, 08:20 AM

Bed at 11:00, up by 6:00. Nap in the afternoon. I love my quiettime early in the morning, me, the dogs and coffee.LOL