Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It went down to 88--I'm freezing >

It went down to 88--I'm freezing

It went down to 88--I'm freezing

Old 08-05-2011, 03:03 AM

I always look forward to my birthday -- not for the +1 number but for the little cool spell that we always get the week of my birthday. But then it always warms up again for a couple of more months. WE also get a little cool breeze the last week of September -- that's the week of our parish's Sugar Cane Festival.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:24 AM

Oh my 88? I absoutely dislike hot weather. If I had my way perfect temps run between 65-70 but for the sake of warmer weather friends I would agree to 75 degrees! lol
In the winter I keep the house about 62 sometimes I bump it to 65-68 for dh. but then I am in shorts and tank top.
My body doesnt seem to get along with heat well. I have had a few overheating episodes. Not fun. DH is just waiting to be charged with abuse, because I am bruised almost all the time.
Actually I have left wrist in a cast and two black eyes and left side of body is bruised from a fall. My inner right leg is also bruised from that fall. I do look better now as left eye is open. I sent my girlfriend a picture w/o an explaination. She replied who is that? LOL
I will keep the cold!
Dawn
Old 08-05-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by jdiane318
It has been so hot here that the local food bank I volunteer at changed their hours and now close by 3p, last appointment is 2:30p. The warehouse stays about 85º and that is with the fan blowing. The sorting room hasn't had many volunteers show up to sort, due to the heat, too. I can't remember a more miserable summer in my lifetime and I found out the reason why. The last time weather was this bad was 1954, I was born in '55.
Ahhh, I remember 1954 well. 45 days with 100 deg temps. Got married that year, worked for St Health Dept. - no A/C, no A/C at home only 16 inch fan. No A/C on city buses. And I fired up the oven and cooked cornbread for my new husband b/c I thought he liked it. Found out it was his mom that wanted cornbread - he preferred canned biscuits. lol
Old 08-05-2011, 02:18 PM

Well some day long about October we'll have a day like yours but until then 113 seems to be the standard temp for the day this week. Spetember 30th the monsoon is supposed to be over, for the season, however, someone forgot to teach the monsoon to read that fact... :lol: We've still only had one thunderstorm all thought there have been many storms build only to pass us over and later produce a nasty dust storm... :( :( :( Yes Virginia there is a season called Fall and if we are fortunate it will be long and delightful. :D :D :D
Old 08-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Dee

It has cooled down here. I like cool.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:45 PM

I hope so too. it was 116 on my patio this afternoon, In the shade.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:00 PM

folks, it's not just hot here, it's dangerously hot. we have had lots of heat related deaths and because the humidity is low, our baked grassland is on fire. so many wildfires. No wind. thanking God for my AC. I too am looking for a hurricane. that's the only thing that will move this high out of here.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
folks, it's not just hot here, it's dangerously hot. we have had lots of heat related deaths and because the humidity is low, our baked grassland is on fire. so many wildfires. No wind. thanking God for my AC. I too am looking for a hurricane. that's the only thing that will move this high out of here.
I'm sorry that you are having so much heat, I do pray that relief will come soon; BUT I am not looking for a hurricane. We live on the gulf coast.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:02 AM

Yeah a little break would be nice. I'm thinking cool 70's thoughts. lol.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by GailG
Originally Posted by grandma Janice
I'm sorry that you are having so much heat, I do pray that relief will come soon; BUT I am not looking for a hurricane. We live on the gulf coast.
I guess we tend to forget that what might benefit us might not be so for someone else. Maybe God will send us a very strong cold front from the north. that would be better.