Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What to do with a sick Hubby >

What to do with a sick Hubby

What to do with a sick Hubby

Old 05-04-2011, 02:55 PM

Is there an ice floe for him to sit on nearby?
:wink:
Old 05-04-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
Trade him in for a trained model!!! (((hee hee)))
Do you mean there is a camp or training school for that? Wish I had known that even before the wedding. LOL
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 PM

I feel your pain.
Hard-headed can not even begin to describe my DH.
He fell from a ladder while installing surround sound in our den with 16ft ceilings, hurting his shoulder in the process.
He refused to go to the ER or the doctor the next day.

Almost 2 weeks later, when he had to literally use his other hand to LIFT his injured arm, did he decide to go to the doctor.

He had broken his arm/shoulder in 6 places.

One good thing did come out of this.
If he EVER refuses to go to the doctor... I have a great example to draw from if needed. ;)
Old 05-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

You have my sympathy. I understand
Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM

Oh my, you are all cracking me up. My husband has surgery four weeks ago (minor, so we were told), then it agitated another area and he has been "incapacitated" here in the family room where my sewing machine is, 24/7. Your comments lightened my attitude and made me laugh and laugh. Thank you all; I think I can tackle each day better now. I'll just come back and read this over and over.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:23 PM

My husband calls me nurse Cratchet! I have only a little sympathy when he gets sick. One day...then it's quit complaining and do something about it! Take your pills, go to the Dr. or go back to work!!! I don't want to hear "my head/back/hand/foot, etc. hurts a little". I say..if it doens't hurt a whole lot I don't want to hear it! And if it hurts a whole lot take your darn medicine!!! When I'm sick I get nothing! Not even can I fix you some soup/7-up/anything! Gee that sounds like a nurse cratchet, doesn't it!!! LOL!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:23 PM

Ok, I have a great idea. Set up a webcam or have someone take a video, tell the story and send it to us. I WOULD LOVE IT!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Phyllis nm
my 1st husband, had his gall blatter taken out after about 6 trips to the er with pain, he went to the dr. then he wanted me to pick him up! well i just looked at that 230 lbs and shooked my head then turned and walked away. at home i gave him a large tin pan and a lg spoon to beat it with when wanted something and went to my sewing room in the other end of the house. in 10 mins the phone rang. it was his work, he called them, to tell them to call me and tell me to come back to the bedroom! well as i walked down the hall he yelled don't you dare laugh, well needless to say it was several mins before i could enter the room and then not with a stright face.he said he had beat the pan to death. he was mad becouse i made him laugh. i still laugh till i cry trying to tell the story.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:37 PM

Mine refused to go to the doc for so long that he could have easily died of a ruptured appendix. After that, he and all of his friends were MUCH better about going when they needed to!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:40 PM

My plan would be to smother him with so much attention ,fetch and carry for him be at his beck and call.Then go and buy some more fabric, tell him you had to have more fabric so you can be inside to take care of him but in your spare time you might quilt in the living room just to be with him!!! :lol:
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fab-ra-holic
Mine, you would never know he is sick. Heck, he was going to go to work when he thought he hurt his back, I insisted he get it checked out by the doctor and good thing I did. Turned out he had a collapsed lung, had to have surgery and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. Still, when he came home, no complaining.
You definitely have the diamond from the coal pile!
Most men are Whimps. I made sure that as I raised my 2 boys they would behave in a way that would make me proud...take responsibility, have consideration and not moan and groan. I made them learn to cook, do their laundry and keep things fairly clean.. all the while saying...."If I died tomorrow yuo would still need to eat and have clean clothes to wear...so learn!" They also saw how their father, the Master Moaner and Groner Whimpy, behaved... when he had a cold and learned not to do the same to their wives.

So now...the boys are fine and I tell their father that if he's that bad, get to the doctor or suffer in silence. (Ah, the doctor, that brings another complaint when he finally wants to get an appointment..."why can't he see me this morning!!!!" Say I = "Because he's not sitting around the office just waiting for YOU to call!"

The bad thing about blowing a common cold into a major terminal case is that when the real thing arrives...it's going to be a case of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". I've saved my husband's life 3 times already..... and after having him nearly bleed out in my car when a femoral artery graft failed, I now know a great detailing shop if you need your car cleaned! :thumbup: