Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy? >

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

Old 03-11-2011, 06:23 PM

My sweet patootie is a nagger. He told me yesterday afternoon to go to the bank this morning. He told me about ten more times before he went to bed at 8:30. At 9:00 he got up and told our 13-year-old to remind me to go to the bank before she left for school. At 10:30 he got up again and came in my office and said you don't need to forget to go to the bank in the morning. Sometimes it is a good thing all his guns are locked up.

But he does put up with me. I'm told that is not an easy chore.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
OMG!! It's like living with an 8 year old boy.
My husband used to jokingly say something about me in public just to get a laugh. I would get mad but wait until later to let him know how upset I was. He would say that everyone knew he was just joking. We came up with a compromise. If he says something in public that embarasses me or makes me upset, I just say, in a calm voice, "That's one." He then knows that it is upsetting me and that I had better back off. Yes, it's like talking to an 8 year old but at least it's an easy way to signal to him that the topic is offlimits. I haven't had to use this technique for a number of years, so he is getting better.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
so what does your spouse or significant other do that drives you crazy?
Mine (DH) has the awful habit of using the suction method to get soup or other liquid food from the spoon into his mouth. Then, because he is "inhaling" it, he starts choking (has slight swallowing problems anyway.) I have tried to demonstrate that you can use the spoon to actually PLACE the food within your mouth, but so far (30 years) it hasn't worked. He does tone it down a bit when we have company, though.
That's easy to fix, quit serving liquid food. :LOL
Old 03-11-2011, 06:35 PM

Because my DH works outside in the noise, he has a horrible habit of yelling everything and telling me I don't talk loud enough. Well, dear, the people next door heard me and I believe on the next block heard you. It's like telling a child to use their indoor voice.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM

My DH never lets go of the remote, even in his sleep. I cant count the movies I have been watching and all of a sudden their being fast forwarded sometimes clear to the end!!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 PM

When I clean the bathroom sink it must send out some primordial signal to him that it is time trim his mustache and leave the clippings in the sink. He does it every time I clean the freaking sink! He is like a dog marking its territory! I tested my theory by not cleaning the sink for several days; he never trimmed. The day I cleaned it, he was in there within an hour.

A few years ago he got really sick and had some brain issues. He is different. There are little things he does now that he never did that can put me over the edge but I chalk it up to the illness and let it go. If I didn't, his picture would be on a milk carton.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:12 PM

Too many things to list. If I had to pick one....He constantly complains about the other drivers when he is driving. Drives me nuts! Doesn't matter how small the problem. I just keep reminding myself that they are all little things though...not worth fighting about. Save your strength for the big stuff. God Bless him - he is usually very sweet.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by buslady
when im rushing around getting ready to go somewhere and he "plants" himself in a doorway or other pathway so i have to go around him. neither of us are small people. lol
Oh I could claim almost every one of these comments but this has to be my top complaint!!! Somehow he manages to always be in front of the stove, the door, the phone etc.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by sew wishful
I'm going to stop reading after page one, because I think my husband is a bigamist....he married all of you!!!
Isn't this a riot?? Wonder what they would say about us if this were reversed!!!
(I know what he'd better say if he wants another meal in this house!!) LOL!!!
This just cracked me up!! I totally agree! Does yours call you and just keep talking and talking and talking about nothing when you are going to be home from work in 5 minutes too?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:43 PM

Not a thing!