Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy? >

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

Old 03-10-2011, 09:42 PM

I think the thread should be: What did your Husband/SO do that drove you so crazy you dumped him??!!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:57 PM

If we ever paint a room together again I will kill him. Fortunately our son worked for a painter for over a year and he does the painting now. So hubby is safe.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:42 AM

Forgot to mention, I gave up teaching him how to make a bed.He doesn't know top from side when he tries to make the bed when using a comforter.He gets one corner in his fist, gives a heave & where it lands....bed is made.
Ah well....like others say, we suit each other.....except for things we drive each other crazy over.After all these yrs together,we ignore a whole lot ....works for us.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 AM

driving!!! I tell him, that I never know if I should take a valium, a hard shot of liquor or both...He is a great driver, its just that when he drives, he loves to shout and fuss at how others drive..And heaven help me if there is alot of traffic :-D
Old 03-11-2011, 03:58 AM

OMG!! Are they all the same??

My list includes any and all of the above plus...

He takes the stem out of an apple or pear and leaves it on the counter. The garbage can is 2 steps away but he always leaves the stem on the counter.

After doing the dishes (yes, I'll give him that one - after years of training, he is finally almost getting it right) he always leaves one thing on the counter - an unwashed pot lid, a spoon, whatever. And if I mention it, his response is "I wasn't finished yet" -- mind you, he is downstairs, settled in front of the TV, but he wasn't finished yet! Arrgghhh!!!

It's like living with an 8 year old boy.

I could go on but I have things to do and places to go today.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:58 AM

Mine takes crossword puzzles into the bathroom and stays in there with his pants down around his ankles until they are finished, (in ink, no less). I never have been able to understand how he can focus on them while his bare butt is hanging over water. However, I am no longer tempted to call 911 to have them check to see if he is still alive.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by sharoney
He leaves cabinet doors open. He NEVER closes a cabinet door!
Do you think that's genetic or attached to a male chromosome? Both DH and DS can't shut a cupboard door to save their lives. Good thing they shut the fridge door!
lots2do
Old 03-11-2011, 04:19 AM

He talks loud and asks a second question while you're answering the first. Then when he doesn't get the right answer to the second question he doesn't understand what I'm talking about! He's a nonstop talker!!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:22 AM

Okay, reading more of these posts reminds me of one thing that DH used to do.... but not anymore :mrgreen:
Ever since we were first married, he had the habit during meal time of pausing and looking around the table.... so goodwife that I am, I figured out what he wanted and handed it to him or I would go to the kitchen to refill his glass of milk or water. Never a word was spoken. This went on for YEARS! Even our children were conditioned to respond to his unspoken requests for salt, butter, etc. Then one magical day, I told the kids, that is enough! Do NOT give Dad anything unless he ASKS for it. They still laugh today about how hard it was to not give in and just give it to him. But it worked!
Having said all that, I have to give him a lot of credit for being a very good, responsible DH. And he does bring me a cup of coffee with the right amount of cream in it, no matter what part of the house I'm in.... without me asking for it. :-D
Old 03-11-2011, 04:48 AM

His clumsiness.............spilling something and not wiping it up................coughing and not covering his mouth................smoking................... we could be discussing something for 15 minutes, and then 1/2 hour later, he doesn';t remember a WORD! Nooooooooooo, he doesn't have alzheimers, justs acts that way sometimes.