Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy? >

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by linz83
HIS DRIVING! We've been married 10yrs and he never drives anymore, we went to Az when we were first married and he drove, on the way home we fought soo much he has never drove again!
thank goodness too, he is aweful!
thats why I love him :roll:
Mine is driving related, but a bit different. On occasion when I drive, he is the worst back seat driver I have ever met. He'll tell me, "there's a stop sign ahead." and I'll say, "What do you think I do when you're not with me, drive through all the stop signs?" Then he'll be quiet for a while, but when I stop at the next stop sign, he quietly looks to see if it's ok for me to go. And even though he controls himself enough to keep quiet, it's still just as irritating.

This winter he was even giving me instructions on how to drive in the snow. I've lived in the Northeast my whole life, I know how to drive in the snow. Basically, I refuse to drive with him in the car anymore. I could write a book of these episodes.

You're right, Linz - that's why I love him!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 PM

My husband has a moustache that is usually longer that it should be so when he drinks milk he will suck on his moustache..and that drives me crazy...along with many things already mentioned here...

he likes talking to me from downstairs when I am sewing with the tv on or cooking with the fan on...

he also likes asking me..."do you know where that thing is?" and my answer is always the same..."It's in the thing!"...then he tells me what the "thing" is..why he doesn't just tell me the first time is beyond me...he also can't find anything...
and you know as I write I am thinking of more....like repeating my answer in the form of a question expecting a different answer? not tucking the chair into the table when he gets up to go...taking his shoes off right in front of the door and leaving them there so I can break my neck when i come in with stuff...asking me every time he comes in if I fed the dog...you know, just in case one day I decided she didn't deserve to eat or something...I have 2 sons so I can times this by 3...I am doomed..and all 3 of them take off their socks and leave them inside out and all scrunched up for the laundry and I have to turn them right side out..gross...I better stop now...and I still wouldn't trade them in...
Old 03-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Mizgoodie
Originally Posted by cjomomma
Mine looks at me like I am stupid when I try to tell him to do something a certain way. Then he wonders why I just walk away and won't help him anymore. Then comes to find me because his idea didn't work right. I could smack him upside his head when he does that.
Ha, it sounds like yours and mine could be related!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 PM

Husband and I like to irritate each other so some of the things he does to me ... well he learned them from me :)

Turning off the bathroom light when I/he is in the shower.
Running hot water on every tap when I/he is in the shower.
Licking lips then kissing my/his glasses.
Tuning TV to obnoxious TV station then tossing remote across room.

and the best ....

Throwing covers back and spritzing me/him with Windex to wake me/him up. In case you don't know - windex is ALWAYS cold.

Yup. Guilty. I guess it's best that we're married to each other so we don't inflict ourselves onto other people.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

Mine NEVER closes cabinet doors or puts things away that he uses AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:23 PM

Everything!!! lol :D
Old 03-10-2011, 09:32 PM

my hubby-to-be has to tell me everything 3 times... on 3 different days... oh..and just about everything I have read here.. Thank god he learned to stay the heck out of my KITCHEN!!! I almost stabbed him one day.. and he has never step foot in my kitchen since... (at least not while I am home) but he knows if he messes anything up in my kitchen I will make him remove EVERYTHING from EVERY cupboard and orgnaize it in alphabetical order and wash EVERY dish we own to teach him.. he only did that ONCE before he learned!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:32 PM

oh and no.. I am not that anal about my kitchen i just did it to teach him a lesson of not to move anything....
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 PM

I love this one!!! LOL

Originally Posted by bamamama
My DH is just perfect......NOT! He drops his drawers and just leaves them where they fall...He never rinses his bowl when he's finished eating cereal, he just leaves it there to turn into concrete, and he never ever leaves me any tip money in his pants pockets that he puts in the laundry! THAT IS JUST WRONG!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:37 PM

I'm still trying to find what he does that doesn't drive me crazy