What gift should I get?

Old 07-11-2011, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
Here's my suggestion ... buy your friend some fabric that says "Singapore", as much as you want or as little. At the same time, buy the exact same fabric and amount(s) for yourself.

Then when she goes home, she has the fun of making something, knowing that you are doing the same. You will do the same. Then there'll be the FUN in the reveal and comparison of what each of you did with your fabric.

It'll help you tie the threads of your friendship even closer. Instead of a gift card, make her a label with the sentiments you would have put in the card, with the intention that she can include it in her quilt.
This is a good one! Definitely worth considering!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vivientan
Originally Posted by QuiltE
Here's my suggestion ... buy your friend some fabric that says "Singapore", as much as you want or as little. At the same time, buy the exact same fabric and amount(s) for yourself.

Then when she goes home, she has the fun of making something, knowing that you are doing the same. You will do the same. Then there'll be the FUN in the reveal and comparison of what each of you did with your fabric.

It'll help you tie the threads of your friendship even closer. Instead of a gift card, make her a label with the sentiments you would have put in the card, with the intention that she can include it in her quilt.
This is a good one! Definitely worth considering!
Thanks!
You mentioned you often don't buy the local fabric due to the cost, so this would be a treat for you too! Doesn't mean you have to buy a lot ... as there are lots of mini quilts and other projects that one could do.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Last time I was at Joanne's (or was it Michael's?) I saw the cutest little reproduction of a sewing machine made in fabric!!! It was only about 15 dollars, and I made a mental note to go back and get a couple for special gifts..and that mental note got erased in my cluttered mind...
I can soooo relate to this Ramona Byrd!!!! haha
Old 07-11-2011, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
A basket of pre cuts (like charms, jelly rolls, or layer cakes) and a bag of her favorite chocolates..
I think any quilter would like this
Old 07-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

How about a photo album that YOU made so she can put her pix from her trip in it!