Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What have you ALWAYS wondered about? >

What have you ALWAYS wondered about?

What have you ALWAYS wondered about?

Old 10-14-2010, 09:05 PM

I don't think anyone will like this answer. I've always wondered how I will die. I don't dwell on it, but I have always wondered.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:47 PM

The sock thing drive me NUTS. My youngest wears little toddler socks and they are the short ankle socks at that. I bought him a not pack the other day and I swear to you that I washed them and every single one of them DISAPPEARED! I got smart. I went and got one of those mesh laundry bags! I'll teach the dang washer and dryer to eat clothes, I'll starve them to death!

I wonder why the electric company doesn't make the lines plug in like an power cord? That way if a line goes down they just go out remove the tree, ice, car, or whatever pulled the line down and then just plug the line back in.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:05 PM

Hey DebraK, it might be the name because I have wondered myself - hope it is in my sleep because I am a coward and don't want to see it coming!

I wonder how so many people (especially in the south) can put an animal out on the side of the road - or how anyone can hurt a child? They better hope I never become omnipotent!

scowlkat (aka Debra)
Old 10-15-2010, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Suzan Larrimore
Shoes on the side of the road don't bother me, it's How on Earth do people loose their Underwear on the side of the road. Didn't you notice you didn't put it back on,pull it up or whatever? Any it's always men's underwear. What's up with that?
Might have an answer for that one. My Bob uses old underwear to wipe the oil dip stick when checking the oil level in the car. After use, he tucks it in beside the battery or someplace equally close. I always wondered how many went their own way on a windy day! :-)
Old 10-15-2010, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
Check inside your couch or big chair. I lost my best Singer shears in l973 while living at university. I moved many times in the next 35 years. Not long ago, the arm came loose on my old antique Cogswell rocker that my aunt had given me to use in my first apartment. I turned it upside down, removed the fabric botton and worked my hand up inside to tighten the nut back on for the loose arm. Voila!!! Missing scissors, all these years later. I have no idea why they didn't surface when the chair was moved. I guess they were tightly wedged up in the springs. They are still just like new (were only a few months old when I lost them) and cut just fine.

That's such a funny funny story!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by DebraK
I don't think anyone will like this answer. I've always wondered how I will die. I don't dwell on it, but I have always wondered.
I have my spiritual beliefs, but I frequently wonder who is right about what happens to us after we die. Nobody ever comes back to tell us that one religion is right and the other is wrong. So all we have is "faith" that our beliefs are correct.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:19 AM

I wonder why DH can't remember something I told thim yesterday....
Old 10-15-2010, 05:30 AM

Why are there undershirts, underpants and SOCKS? Shouldn't they be called undershoes?
Old 10-15-2010, 05:56 AM
Banned

ok,not so delicate question here....What do nudist women do when they have their periods???Do they wear panties to stick pads to,or go around with a string hanging or WHAT??? In any case,I guess everyone knows when they have it! Come on,someone admit they also wondered this!!! Gross question,but hey,I wonder!
Old 10-15-2010, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Riversong
ok,not so delicate question here....What do nudist women do when they have their periods???Do they wear panties to stick pads to,or go around with a string hanging or WHAT??? In any case,I guess everyone knows when they have it! Come on,someone admit they also wondered this!!! Gross question,but hey,I wonder!
:roll: that is just too funny! WOW, maybe they wear a thong...just as nude :thumbup: