Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is the oddest gift you received this year? >

What is the oddest gift you received this year?

What is the oddest gift you received this year?

Old 12-27-2009, 05:36 AM

I think I am going to organize a recycle swap gift exchange at church. You bring your unwanted gifts and you pick out something you would like from what the others brought. I think the fat thing would be fun for a church swap, oh my!!!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:41 AM

I mean't fart thing :oops:
Old 12-27-2009, 06:40 AM

I got a cold for Christmas. If anyone would like it they can sure take it away. I've had enough of it!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:58 AM

I didn't receive it, my DIL did, 4 cross stitched cat's heads and a holder shaped like a cat's body made from plastic mesh and yarn, a coaster set. It is bright yellow and reminds me of something from years ago.
She was very gracious and said "oh look, coasters" and acted like she was very happy to get them. My other DIL was about ready to burst, she tried not to laugh out loud. It was a gag gift, last year the couple received a latch hook kit that my son and DIL found in the back corner of the old house they had bought.
I think it will now be a battle of which couple can find the ugliest gift for the other. It was very funny.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:22 AM

here in montana we do a lot of hunting and guns (yuck, I hate guns) are common things for men here to collect and trade. So one year his daughter who was about 40 yrs. old was collecting Barbie Dolls, so her father gave her a Barbie doll and a hand gun (because she lives alone and wanted her to be safe) I thought that was funny and strange. Men, can't figure them out sometimes.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I got a cold for Christmas. If anyone would like it they can sure take it away. I've had enough of it!
thank you for the kind offer....but I think I will pass :D:D:D
Old 12-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DA Mayer
I didn't receive it, my DIL did, 4 cross stitched cat's heads and a holder shaped like a cat's body made from plastic mesh and yarn, a coaster set. It is bright yellow and reminds me of something from years ago.
She was very gracious and said "oh look, coasters" and acted like she was very happy to get them. My other DIL was about ready to burst, she tried not to laugh out loud. It was a gag gift, last year the couple received a latch hook kit that my son and DIL found in the back corner of the old house they had bought.
I think it will now be a battle of which couple can find the ugliest gift for the other. It was very funny.
This is just tooooo funny!!! What a fun traditition :D:D:D
Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Justok
here in montana we do a lot of hunting and guns (yuck, I hate guns) are common things for men here to collect and trade. So one year his daughter who was about 40 yrs. old was collecting Barbie Dolls, so her father gave her a Barbie doll and a hand gun (because she lives alone and wanted her to be safe) I thought that was funny and strange. Men, can't figure them out sometimes.
This sounds like MY childhood... a doll in one gift...and a set of tools in another... I loved it :D:D:D LMBO
Old 12-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Power Poster

My son was with me one day when I had to run in Joanns. We saw that big grey bear by Debbie Mumm and were laughing at how cute it was and how it reminded us of one of my cats. Well guess what was under my tree. A big Debbie Mumm bear. Cute there but what in the world am I going to do with it when Christmas is over.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:06 PM

well for the last 3 years one of my friends gives me the same gift but in different colors this year was a zebra print w/ bright huge flowers yukky. She gives me a mumu gown which I hate. Every year after Christmas it goes to the thrift store. What is sadder I have lost weight since last year but I get the same size. I hate to tell her anything but this insanity needs to stop. I hate those gowns. Should I tell her how I feel????