Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What other talents are in your family? >

What other talents are in your family?

What other talents are in your family?

Old 01-19-2011, 02:07 PM

The signs in my granddaughters drawing spells out "love"
There are a lot of talented people on here!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163899.png  
Old 01-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingrandmafromMi
The signs in my granddaughters drawing spells out "love"
There are a lot of talented people on here!

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-19-2011, 02:45 PM

My Aunt painted cards for Hallmark for years, I quilt, sew clothing, crochet and finally learning to knit, cooking ( does that count?) and I can juggle a little ( I started learning when I was a bartender, thought I'd get bigger tips.... ended up I just needed to wear a lower cut top. Hee, hee) My husband can draw very well, and does some sculpting; I took a little cartoonish man he sent me in an email & had it embroidered on some Polo shirts for his birthday last year.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:47 PM

I cross-stitch, quilt, do crafty stuff, make clothes, some art work, My dh is a jack of all trades and specializes in gardening and small engine repair and grandkids and saves us a lot of money on car care and repairs. My oldest daughter cooks, bakes, sings spends money. My youngest daughter sings, stitches and is learning to sew and quilt. My oldest son doesn't have any hobbies except reading and watching Dallas Cowboys and my youngest son is in the Navy and loves guns. My granddaughter plays several musical instruments and my oldest grandson is austic and is great on computers and reading. My youngest grandson is great at bow and arrow and loves anythng collecting. My dil bakes and decorates cakes and makes cards.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:26 PM

My father and both brothers are avid and wonderful woodcarvers, My DH is a great mechanic and rebuilds antique cars, My sister is a minister, and all of us get together and sing up a storm
Old 01-19-2011, 06:43 PM

I love it! I just bet when the family got together the rug would
be rolled back and the fun would begin. I can remember my mom
telling me about how her musical family would do that.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 PM

I sew about anything, quilt, knit & make cakes. One DD makes 3D cakes of any shape and size, DS Plays Gituar and sings and creates from wood, other DD teaches High school Algebra (which takes the most patience of all). One DGD is learning to quilt, make jewelry and also helps her mom w/the cakes. (She is 10)
Old 01-19-2011, 09:19 PM

What lovely memories I have of watching family create. Sister sews and cross-stitches (taught me to sew) Mother sewed and smocked and embroidered. Aunt painted, threw pottery, and molded clay. Cousin and her daughter threw pottery. Cousins carved wood. Didn't see them do it but Grandmother and great aunts quilted. Uncles carved peach pits. One uncle is an excellent photographer. My mother was a member of a homemakers club that was started during the depression. They did a new craft every month. She painted fabric, started stamping. Even made a pumpkin out of dryer vent hose once. I'm lucky to be the baby of a large family so have been exposed to a large range of styles across a long time horizon.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:26 PM

DH does woodworking. Son turns wood. 6 grandkids all play instruments, DD teaches music. DIL is a very good free lance writer, one son sings in a southern gospel quartet, DGS is band director. DGS has an Art degree, Gd-in-law teaches music. I play around on a keyboard. I guess you might say we are strong in the music department.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:28 PM

My mom can do anything with her hands. She used to go to a clothing shop, sketch a picture of clothing and go home and sew it. She is currently into card making, knitting, crocheting and just made her first quilt...she will soon be 82. Dad and brother were home builders and now my brother is an energy consultant. I can sew clothing if I have a pattern and of course I learned to quilt from an elderly friend. That's it for my family talent.