Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What really happens in the store >

What really happens in the store

What really happens in the store

Old 01-12-2011, 06:30 AM

My son used to lay on the floor of Walmart and slap the floor so it sounded like he fell.My daughter and I would come around the corner and knowing what he was up to just laugh. We would get some terrible looks from people thinking we were being cruel! God I miss those days it was so much fun.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Funny....I like you and your kids!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:13 AM

thanks. I do have great kids
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 AM

I love this and your kids' sense of humor! I've done things like that to my family and friends.

My mother loved Shoneys ... she loved to go once a week. When we would go ... I would hug up to the big gum ball machine they have in there ...

Or I would "Mommy buy me this ... mommy buy me this ... Mommmmmmmmmyyyyyy" ...

I was really bad in a grocery store to tell the cashier to please excuse my mother ... we only let her out twice a year and this is one of her outings ...

She always would get me back by saying ... you need a kid? This one doesn't do any chores but she's for free!

Good times man good times!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 AM

My kids were the one to be embarassed..We were in walmart and I sassed my hubby and he threw me over his shoulder( firemen carry) and the children looked everywhere but at us..They didn't want to know us.LOL
Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 AM

My DH would do it with the kids

one time told the kids to stay in the car
some one came in after us and he truned around and yelled get back in the car to some stranger
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 AM

My Hubby dared our then 17 year old to do the Jeff Foxworthy bit on the cereal isle,so my son who was 6ft.4in tall(over 200lbs.) laid down on the floor in WM on the cereal isle and started "throwing a fit" saying you just gotta buy it Mommy,you just gotta.Then hubby paid him $5 for doing it :lol: Talk about embrassing 8-) :oops: 8-)
Old 01-12-2011, 10:01 AM

ROLMAO!!! Your kids sound like mine!!!! One time, I really got back at my daughter....not really meaning to! She was always running and jumping and not holding still. She was about 13 when we went to the store one rainy night. As we got close to the double automatic doors, she went running up to them, gave a BIG hop and jumped on the pad that would open the door. Only she wasn't expecting that rubber mat/pad to be slippery. Especially wearing slick bottom shoes. She landed on her butt, feet out in front, the doors opened and everyone at the counters saw her sitting there. ROLMAO!!! I couldn't stop laughing. Went into the store....and everytime I looked at her I burst out laughing. She finally went to the car....ROL! I can't help it -- I laugh even today. She laughs, too......

One time we took a friend of my son's to the store with us. I kept hearing people snicker finally I turned around and looked. That boy was over 6 feet tall, had on Burmuda shorts. He'd brought a pair of black socks, had put them on when I wasn't looking. He had the socks up to his knees, hiked the burmudas up to his breastline, messed his hair up, and somehow, I don't know how, brought his lower lip up almost to his nose. He was hunched over and was loping around the store. I almost lost it that day.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:07 AM

Teens never want to be seen with their parents in public, especially if they are with their friends. They will totally ignore you.

One time my friend and I went to the local movie, stood in line for our tickets. Lo and behold, daughter and her friends got in line. She came up and joined me, wanting me to purchase her ticket.

I bought only one, when she said something, I said " I dont purchase tickets for kids I don't know", and walked in with my friend, her jaw dropped.

Jean
Old 01-12-2011, 10:21 AM

My eldest son, now age 25, had a knack for asking the darnedest (sp?) questions while in the middle of a crowd of people. Two of the most memorable were: Mom? Is my dad is jail? (My answer - I don't think so, he had breakfast with us this morning.) Not sure what prompted that one.

Another was at the airport waiting for my husband to arrive: Mom? What would you do if Dad had an affair? (People stopped in their tracks!) Answer: I'd kill him. Then a few minutes later....Mom? What would you do if he had two affairs? Without skipping a beat, I answered that I would take all his money, then I'd kill him. People close by were snickering, but I guess the answers satisfied that kid of mine.