Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What smart phone apps do you use?

Thank you for all of your responses. I am trying out your app suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
    Some banks have an app where you can take a picture of the front and back of the check and then click the option to deposit it. You keep the physical copy of the check. I use it for my rental property as my tenants send their rent in check form.
    I appreciate your response to using an app to deposit a check. I didn't know this was available.

Elise
    "Be brave enough to be who you really are.

Hobby Lobby also has an app with coupons, etc.

I use some of the ones already listed, and YouTube. I used to have to go to my computer to watch how to bind a quilt. (I have a mental block on this, I need to watch it every single time!) Now I can watch it on YouTube on my phone in my sewing room.

Blog Entries
    Love all the replys. Have a lot to check out. Keep up the reply's, learning a lot.

Blog Entries
    It's good to find out what apps others find useful.

Blog Entries
    I have an android phone. I don't do any banking or other sensitive stuff on it so I don't have any security apps. I might look into that though. My most used are some games (words with friends, scramble, what's the phrase, trivia crack, soda crush, maleficent freefall, dice with buddies, songpop) and I also use acar for keeping track of my car stuff (iOS equivalent is Roadtrip), Out of Milk for grocery lists, Gasbuddy for checking gas prices, 1Weather for weather, HD Camera in place of the stock camera, Dolphin browser, quickpic gallery, joann's app for coupons, how much thread and quiltcalc for quilting stuff, evernote for keeping track of my craft inventory and patterns, zedge for ringtones, dropbox, pinterest, goodrx for checking drug prices, walmart app for the savings catcher and a few others.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I use many. Due to my work. I usually go for the ones that are free or a one time fee. I don't do games. Check out the free ones first or atleast the ones you know you will use often. MapQuest or GPs. etc. I have a Galaxy Note 3 by Samsung. Like this one much better than the last one. we got a deal with this one. 2 4 1 and a free tablet and gift cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
    I just recently received my first smart phone. I love it! I have an iPhone 6.

There are so many apps to choose from, I am not sure which apps to add to my phone.

What apps do you use? Maybe you can also tell me which apps you have that you don't use so that I will know to avoid them.

Thanks so much.

Elise

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I'll have to check some of these out. I do use the dropbox for safekeeping and sharing. I don't do banking though. I'm not confident enough for that one, yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    I have an android phone. I don't do any banking or other sensitive stuff on it so I don't have any security apps. I might look into that though. My most used are some games (words with friends, scramble, what's the phrase, trivia crack, soda crush, maleficent freefall, dice with buddies, songpop) and I also use acar for keeping track of my car stuff (iOS equivalent is Roadtrip), Out of Milk for grocery lists, Gasbuddy for checking gas prices, 1Weather for weather, HD Camera in place of the stock camera, Dolphin browser, quickpic gallery, joann's app for coupons, how much thread and quiltcalc for quilting stuff, evernote for keeping track of my craft inventory and patterns, zedge for ringtones, dropbox, pinterest, goodrx for checking drug prices, walmart app for the savings catcher and a few others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2