What would you do?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Keaghank
Originally Posted by Deb G
Where in MN do you live and where would you be moving to?
The cities to IA. And since my age has come up a few times, we're in our late 20s.

I realize I'm thinking about this too much; I'm too logical and like to plan everything!
Nothing wrong with planning ahead. I wish I were more like that.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:18 PM

Thanks to all who have weighed in... it's been interesting to hear everyone's opinions. Hubs and I have been discussing for a while now, and neither decision seems right yet.
One rule I've always gone by is if you can't decide which to do, do nothing. When the time is right to do either, you will know.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

I have 14 children, some by adoption. Follow your heart. It is amazing how you will find a way to fit in that little person.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:29 PM

[quote=Quiltforme][My kids are 3yrs 8 months apart and I love the age difference then our planned baby came 6 years later even better. It is amazing how the older ones want to help and still need you everything will happen in Gods time relax and enjoy each other for now! The family time will be even more special!

My boys are 2 years and 9 months apart and as Quiltforme mentioned, they both got along well (taking into consideration the usual sibling rivalry that goes one no matter what the age difference.)

We moved when the boys were older and that was a challange in itself. When we did move, we already had a house bought since my DH's company had transfered him and I was able to come over to house hunt ahead of time. I personally would wait and do the move first if you definitely know you will be moving. As far as health insurance, once you leave your job you will not have it whether you have your baby before or after. The medical expenses will still be there after the child is born. Unless you already have a place waiting for you when you move, finding a house hunting with a child might be trying, unless you have family who can help you watch the little one while you house hunt.
But that's just how it worked for me. Things probably are totally different for you, so all I can offer really is good lucky wishes.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Hi Deb,
I have a 7 and 10 year old. My husband and I are open to having more children. I haven't been using anything for over a year now and we're still not pregnant. Getting pregnant may take a while. Make sure you have insurance during the pregnancy, even if it means not changing jobs and moving as soon as you would like. Those with insurance usually get better care than those without. It may also take a while to sell your house. I wish you both the best.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:49 PM

Thanks to all who have weighed in... it's been interesting to hear everyone's opinions. Hubs and I have been discussing for a while now, and neither decision seems right yet.
I think you have your answer already..."Neither decision seems right yet". Trust God and His time frame. You will know when the time is right. He knows so much better than we. I love Jan's answer. Poor little babies inherit all our stresses if we are pregnant during chaotic time. Take time to give your baby a happy, peaceful pregnancy and trust the Lord's timing.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 PM

I agree with Jan in VA I'm sure she has seen her share of both sides. Take the less stress road. Even if you think your not having stress if your preg. every little thing that was never stressed on before will be a big stress hormones just go crazy. So traveling with a baby will not be to hard if baby is healthy and you just take your time to get out and stretch and be able to move the baby out of car seat for a bit. There is nothing more blessed than a new baby and loving parents.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luv-e
Honey, that is a tough one//
Leave that in God's Hands...... Don't stress over it...It wouldn't be good for the baby.......
I agree,
Old 03-23-2011, 08:43 PM

I say go for the baby, conditions will never be perfect for a baby and you don't want to wait to long
Old 03-24-2011, 04:16 AM

I would leave it to nature try if you want don't try just go with the flow if you happen to get pregnant be happy if you don't its a sign to wait