What would you do?

Old 12-24-2023, 05:46 AM

Fingers crossed...going to finish the quilt today. I have not quilted a large quilt in years and have not used my sweet sixteen machine in 8 years. I will just do a straight stitch on my sewing machine then bind. Thankfully no plans today. With luck, will have it wrapped and delivered tomorrow morning. Happy Christmas Eve Morning!!
Old 12-24-2023, 02:45 PM

I sure hope you have a good talk with him regarding your mom's quilt. He may have an attachment to it that no one else is aware of. I would bring both with you, that way you can show him all the damage, and explain why he is getting a new quilt, and let him give the input if he wants something else made from the old quilt. He may have zero attachment to it and say throw it in the trash. I would be prepared for either reaction.
Old 12-28-2023, 05:01 AM

I gave my Dad his new quilt and he was Thrilled. Thankfully it was the perfect fit. I did not bring the old quilt, and mentioned that I would like to recycle it to the animal shelter. He was very fine with that. I know that his generation does not like to waste or throw out items. So glad I was able to make him a new one and that he was not afraid to tell me that he was in need of a repair/new one. I did mention not to use fabric softer on it. He mentioned that the quilt was very old...not really as I made it 9 years ago. I have never had one that I know of wear down like that one.
Old 12-29-2023, 06:02 PM

Thank you for the update. I am so glad he was thrilled and he'll have many future naps wrapped in love.
Old 01-03-2024, 05:07 PM

Thanks for the update on how your dad took the new quilt. As has been said, you are a good daughter.

I am envious that you still have your dad. Keep on cherishing each moment with him.