Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What was your worst and best from 2013? >

What was your worst and best from 2013?

What was your worst and best from 2013?

Old 12-26-2013, 04:04 AM

The worst was that my husband passed away on March 2 and my mother passed away July 25. But I know that God will not give me more than I can handle and He hasn't. The best part was the night before Mom died, she told the chaplain that she had two visitors....one was my dad and the other was my husband. And the next day, they took her to Heaven with them. I am not afraid anymore of what is going to happen to me when I get old (I am 75 now) because I know. My husband, my mother and my father will be there to take me with them. And the support and help and love I got from my friends, relatives and neighbors. They have all become my family and have been super-wonderful and had it not been for them, I don't know what I would have done - a little bit of pushing didn't hurt. I made it through Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Each day hurt, but each day not as bad as the day before. God is Good. Edie
Old 12-26-2013, 05:30 AM

My husband and I celebrated 62 years of marriage. Got two new great Grandchildren and our first great, great Grandson. Both of us have remained pretty healthy all year. Have not lost any close family members, but a couple of friends. All in all, a pretty good year! Thanks, God!
Old 12-26-2013, 05:53 AM

Worst, my dear, wonderful husband fighting cancer not once, but three times. My son losing his job, a dear cousin died.

The best, My dear, wonderful husband is still with me and doing excellent. Three new great grand babies, proof that life goes on.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:08 AM

The worst - Hearing that one pt/family was not appreciative of my nursing care.

The best - Oldest dd took a step towards independence and moved out into a shared home with 2 of her friends (that she's known for over 10 years), knowing that I've helped make a positive difference in so many people's lives when they've come into the hospital to have a baby (LOVE it when I go to shake a new dad's hand and he either pulls me in for a huge bear hug or looks at my hand in disgust and bear hugs me instead), getting wonderful cards from pt's after their hospital stay, having pt's request me for their nurse when they come back to have more babies, having my younger dd tell me that she only made my Christmas hat out of love (she never worked on it when she was mad at me - She's 19), watching our son swim on the swim team, having someone join me when walking the dog without having to ask. I've got a lot to be thankful for.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 AM

Worst ever year, but the best news is we all survived. I started with back surgery in June. Husband emergency surgery in July after 2 heart attacks. Open heart surgery and 5 bypasses. Then I had open heart surgery in August--3 bypasses and new heart valve. While I was in hospital, son had to have a stent put in after slight heart attack. Still dealing with residual back pain from back surgery. But, Happy New Year everyone! The best of life is yet to come.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:47 AM

I am striving to be positive and grateful so I will skip the worst.

The best, after 22 years as a stay at home mom I have been hired as a Special Education Assistant in a classroom of 6 young students with autism. This is my dream job. My own son has autism and I want to use the skills he has taught me to help others. It will be meaningful work for me. I have raised my children and now it feels like the next chapter of my life is beginning. I am excited!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:00 AM

Best - My youngest son got hired at the local BP Refinery (where his dad has worked for 20 some years)

Worst - I was diagnosed with a breast problem so rare both my sister (who's an RN) and I had to look it up. Luckily, it's not cancer but it figures I'd have something rare.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:28 AM

WORST: Finding out that there was no hope for my 12 year old Australian Shepherd and having to euthanize him in July. He died peacefully, in my arms and happy that he just had a big handful of Oreos.

BEST: Getting a new boss after my principal retired in June. Our new principal has been our assistant principal for 7 years and is a wonderful, caring and warm person. My school year has been much different than the years with the old principal and the new one has taken our school back to being a delightful place to work.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Elise1 View Post
I am striving to be positive and grateful so I will skip the worst.

The best, after 22 years as a stay at home mom I have been hired as a Special Education Assistant in a classroom of 6 young students with autism. This is my dream job. My own son has autism and I want to use the skills he has taught me to help others. It will be meaningful work for me. I have raised my children and now it feels like the next chapter of my life is beginning. I am excited!
Congratulations on your new job! I was a teacher's assistant for 6 years before I became a teacher and loved the job. You will make such a difference in the lives of the kids!!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 09:55 AM

My worst was losing my Momma one hour past Thanksgiving Day. Was so thankful all us kids were there with her & our 90 year old Dad. She passed at home.

Best was being blessed with all that the good Lord has given us.