Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What's so wrong with being a homebody? >

What's so wrong with being a homebody?

What's so wrong with being a homebody?

Old 02-10-2010, 05:02 AM
Lyn

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
Originally Posted by MadQuilter
WHy do you think your family is making that suggestion? Do they think you are lonely? Is it only because their lifestyle is so different from yours and they cannot understand you? Or is there more to it?
There is no more to it other than they are all out-and-abouts and I never have been. I'm the "odd one". I let my hair go white and my mother, 75, still has hers colored. We're the barefoot family and everyone else wears shoes. I used to do crafts with my kids and my mother thought I should be cleaning my house.

Gosh, you sound like me. I am barefoot all of the time, I let my hair go grey while my mother would never have thought to do that. (I really like it) and I clean my house once a week (kind of), the rest of the time is sewing or writing or painting until spring and then it is planting my garden.
One sister has a camp in ME and my mother and other sister and their friends always go up. To me, hanging around talking about the same old thing and eating and drinking all weekend is not fun, I'd rather be sewing or working in the yard or doing something productive. I like to relax too, but not like that.

That's all. :)
Old 02-10-2010, 05:03 AM
Lyn

oh dear I messed up the quote. Sorry
Old 02-10-2010, 05:40 AM

Nancy, I feel the same way, always have been a loner; I've always had 'pals' at work and school, but never kept the relationship past what ever the thing was we had in common, still the same, at almost 50. My daughter, and most of the people I associate with have friends from 'way back'; I do get times where I feel I need to examine this trait, and it always comes back to the same answer; I'm happy this way. My husband is exactly the same ( does that still make me a loner?)
Old 02-10-2010, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

I am that way a lot too. Good thing. No car.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:45 AM

:-D Hi oh yes I right with you. I here the same things you do. I have been alone now for 14 yrs. Will not counting my little dog an two birds. heeee! I live in apt. an everyone around me just run an run all the time. I just go out two times a mo. to get med. an pay bills. Get food. The rest of the time if its not my family coming ok.
;)
Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 AM

I'm a homebody too. I have some good friends that I met with once-twice a month in our homes during the day but other than that I'd rather be in my own home. I once belonged to a Quilt Guild and even though the ladies were really nice, I felt so uncomfortable being with so many people. My husband and I have all the comforts we need or want. We like to lead a simple life. It really irks me when people say "You should get out more". Why? to be uncomfortable around people I don't know? What fun is that? I also find I'm not comfortable in "couple" situations. I never know what to say and I so look forward to coming home. A social butterfly I'm not :!:
Old 02-14-2010, 01:47 PM

I am not a social butterfly either. I moved around a lot as a child, and every time I made a best friend, it was time to move again. So, soon I stopped making close friends and learned to be comfortable in my own skin. I am still that way, after almost 50 yrs of marriage, and 3 kids. I would rather stay at home and quilt or do computer time than almost anything else. I am not lonely; nor do I feel I am anti-social. I just enjoy my time, and since it is my time, I feel I can do with it as I please. And I please to quilt!
Old 02-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

I am a bonified homebody, and I love it!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:01 PM

I am pretty much a homebody at heart too. Meeting new people and having to make small talk just absolutely terrify me. Open house and conference night at work are nightmares for me. Strangely, getting new kids at work doesn't bother me at all, just adults. I was really nervous about chatting and posting here the 1st time but you all have made it seem like I've known you forever even though we've never met.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

Love this subject. Love staying home. I just recently signed up for a quilting class. All those ladies do is travel,go out to eat, go to shows. I dont want to do this. I thought something was wrong with me.
Call me a homebody. I dont mind because I am doing what I love, cooking.quilting and being with my furbabies.