What's your secret?

Old 03-27-2018, 09:55 AM

Most people who know me don't really know me, so I can go with lots of things... For me, it's not "secrets", but just stuff that most people wouldn't know, because I'm really quite boring and quiet/introverted. Some that I have used for these kinds of "get to know you" activities:

I've been to Gladiator School in Rome (it was just an afternoon, but was a lot of fun).

I've been in a donkey race at the rodeo.

Our car was once shot out while I was peacefully sleeping in a tent 20 feet on the other side (if a bullet had missed, it would have hit the tent). (My dad was also a policeman, then sheriff. A "bad guy" was mad at him. I was five.)

I've had to pee in a WWI bomb crater.
Old 03-27-2018, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Not really a secret but because of my experiences usually early into meeting someone who I might see on a regular basis I say I am Jewish and have a gay son. That has eliminated some potential friendships.
I feel you. I am spiritual but not “accepted Christian” and I have a Transexual DD. Closes a lot of ignorant doors for me too. Who needs closed minded people?

I was also an “extra” in a movie shot in Seattle, WA. Look for me in “Unforggetable” with Ray Liotta, Kim Cattral, and Linda Fiorentino.

Last edited by madamekelly; 03-27-2018 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:13 PM

You all live very exciting lives! Where have I been?
Old 03-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

Not really a secret but because of my experiences usually early into meeting someone who I might see on a regular basis I say I am Jewish and have a gay son. That has eliminated some potential friendships.

how in the world do these idiots feel there is anything wrong with that??
They need to look up their own family tree and look aroud and see what falls off of theirs.
I thought all those dumb lies have died down. what ignorant people out there. I say you're
better off without them.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
I'm afraid of the dark, sometimes, especially what's under the bed.
i am afraid of the dark too!! When my dh had to go on a work trip overnight, i made my son sleep over with me.
half way thru the night the truth came out. he said he's not afraid of the dark, but loves a night light.
Old 03-28-2018, 04:02 AM

It's been fun reading your posts -- IceLeopard, I love your quote about buying fabric!

I was a fat kid and even tho I lost weight (while still in grade school), I always think of myself as overweight. I weigh about the same now, as I did when I was 10!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:07 AM

My secret is just that - my secret. I hate these kind of games. Since they are usually done in groups where most are strangers, I just pull a fact from my life that none of these people know.
Old 03-28-2018, 05:13 AM

If you want to make something up, try "My grandfather had six toes on his left foot." How likely is it that anybody there would know your grandfather or the number of his toes?
Old 03-28-2018, 05:13 AM

Wow! Their rejection of you as a friend is from THEIR uneducated mind. their
Loss. We learn from others.....but we have to be open to it. Hugs!

sandy
Old 03-28-2018, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

I have excellent memory of what others say and most of what I read. I can tell you exactly what the guild member said when she won the prize basket years ago. LOL I base my first impression of others on what they say because I will never forget it. I am very generous. I think the more you give when you can, you will receive twice over.