whirlpool tub

Old 02-19-2011, 11:05 PM

I have a hot tub. Use almost everyday. And it helps with the nerve pain a lot.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:54 AM

I have one and I love it. When I am tired and achy it is the only thing that helps me relax and go to sleep. Ours has a jet at the back that does this figure 8 on your lower back. It is awesome. I highly recommend it.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 PM

[quote=Linda Loo]Have you considered one of the "walk-in, sit-down tubs"? I think there are several makers, try Google. They have a low threshold, so they are easy to step into, then they close with a door and allow you to sit while being surrounded by the water up to about chest level. I've considered one because of my MS.
--------------------------------
This one I've been thinking about, since at my age it is difficult to get my body out of the tub, but before getting one I'd go to a nursing home and talk to one of the aids who help the patients use it. I suspect that way I'd get a more honest answer than from the sellers.
Another thing, should you be extremely sensitive to chemicals, there is a rather expensive alternative but totally clean, medically speaking, way of cleaning the water in hot tubs, etc.
It's cleaned by oxygen. I only learned of this in a short time before landing on a plane, my seat mate was marvelous, he slept most all of the way!! But this would make it safe for chemically intolerant people to use a sit in hot tub. Might get it cheaper if a doctor wrote out a prescription for it. My DH's MD did that for him for the hot tub for his back problems. We took a big discount from the price that way.
Probably easy to check out on the Internet. One other thing, I would suggest a list of the persons they sold this to for the last 3 years or so who would agree to discuss this with you.
That's what my late DH did when we wanted to replace the house roof, and the ones who acted as if we were accusing them of being robbers we took off our list. The one who not only willingly did this we chose, even though we had to wait some months to get their men on our job.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 AM

We have one....and I love it!!! Since I was already having hip issues when we did this reno, my DH also put in 3 grab bars in "ideal" locations. At the time, I thought he was going a bit overboard, but now I am sooooo glad he had that foresight. Ours is larger than a normal tub, (12" longer, and 9" wider), so it did require moving a couple of walls. Since we did the work ourselves, it wasn't prohibitively expensive. We also put in a dual shower head...rain head and separate hand held. The hand held is helpful for rinsing when I do a major cleaning. In between those, we use an after shower spray, which really helps keep it clean longer.

Do some research to see what is available, and what would meet YOUR needs. It sure is a blessing when my joints are extra painful. AND it is big enough that when my GF comes to visit, we can both get in...just like an indoor hottub!!! That drives DH nuts as there is always too much laughter floating thru' the walls. LOL

Patti