whirlpool tub

Old 02-19-2011, 09:42 AM

My sister has one they had put in when the hose was built. Said they've used it a handful of time over 15 years. Not worth the trouble to clean it!
Old 02-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Hi Ditter, a whirlpool tub would be great for you, I use to have a hot tub, that I used for a long time, and it helped alot, but after I had my back surgery I couldn't use it anymore, couldn't get up out of it, I also have had both knees replaced. If you don't don't have a problem getting in and out of it that would be a great thing for you and it would help your pain alot. Hope you get yourself one and that it will help your pain. Hope you will have a great day with out pain. HUGS
Old 02-19-2011, 10:33 AM

I have a huge one that I put in a new addition with a handicap bathroom for my husband...he got the walk-in shower, the tub was mine...I loved it, even though it took lots of water and we had to upgrade the hot water heater to an 80 gal one. The only problem is, 2 mos. after I got it, I had to have hip replacement surgery and the dr. forbid me to get down in a tub ever again...so now, if I want to take a bath, I will either have to replace it with a walk-in type of bath or get one of those lift-type things I found in my on-line search that will lower me into the tub and bring me back up...but it was wonderful while it lasted. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-19-2011, 10:40 AM

I forgot to add, I am 5 ft 10in, so that is the reason I got a large one...I literally tried them on before I bought it...lol...but the one I have also has a heater to keep the water warm without adding more hot water...I was so disappointed when the dr. told me I could no longer use due to my new hip, I thought about having "indoor pool parties" in it...my family thought it was nuts!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:49 AM

We don't have a whirlpool tub but do have a small hot tub, and my husband swears by it. He has lower back problems and it helps him a lot. I have lots of other problems, and he thinks it would be good for me too, but I could get into the tub, but I'm not sure I would be able to get out. I only have one leg and I can just see me slipping onto the cement floor with DH trying to catch me. Would not be a pretty picture. And I don't need any more problems. But I think it would really help you.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:20 PM

I absolutely cant say enough good things about a hot tub they help to relax you taking a hot tub soak before going to bed is the greatest. You will be so greatful for the pain relief you will receive from a nice soak.they are so wonderful. Even one of those pads you can buy to put in your bathtub and the motor sets on floor is helpful don't run up your bill but they aren't as good as a real whirlpool
Old 02-19-2011, 03:00 PM

We have one also, and I highly recommend you get one Ditter!! With the fibro, it is something that you will find greatly soothing to your body.
Ours is like a normal tub just a little deeper. I would say that you should insist on the inline heater to keep the water hot while you are in the tub. We have that too, and it's a wonderful feature. I would NOT recommend the larger whirlpool tub such as the corner units or 2 person sizes, as most people I know who have those end up not using them because of the amount of water and electricity they require.

My sister had this tub and had steps built up to it on the outside as it was high and difficult for her to get into. If you do this tho, be sure to include a handrail for security. She had the top step made sort of like a bench seat on the edge of the tub so she just sat on it, then swung her legs around to get into the tub. She reversed the proceedure to get out.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:16 PM

We redid the bathroom in '92 and put in a contractor grade whirlpool replacement tub. Even tho it only has 3 jets and you have to let some water out and replace with fresh hot, I love it. The newer ones I've seen have more jets and would be even better. Go for it! The replacement tubs are basically no different from regular tubs except every so often you need to fill the tub with hot water and dish washing detergent and run it, then drain it and run cold water thru it.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:28 PM

Love our whirlpool tub. We heat with wood and after a day cutting, hauling, spliting, stacking etc. a relaxing whirlpool bath is wonderful. My husband has fibromyalgia and says it really helph him. As to cleaning I use a mop. Found out the hard way to use very little bubble bath. I used way too much and had bubbles everywhere before I turned off the jets. Did get a very clean floor however :)
Old 02-19-2011, 04:00 PM

WE had one in our last home and I only used it 1 time!! I would rather be doing than just sitting in the whirlpool!! Plus I couldn't even look at magazines cause my glasses would fog up!